Wood Burner's First - From Scratch - Soil Grow Journal - 2014

Wood Burner

First ever grow is on the go! I converted a Tall Boy I picked up in a charity shop into a grow box - the construction of which I will post some details about at a later date for anyone interested. That was the easy part though! Let's get to the amateur botany:

So I've sprouted and planted 3 seeds - 2x Candy Kush and 1x feminised White Widow. All indica I believe, and after using the 2 plate method, found to all be viable. The Widow is a little slower than the two Candys (both had great shoots after 48 hours). I've buried them in some BioBuzz All-Mix which I flushed a bit 24 hours prior to planting. Light mix would have been preferable, but I got sent the wrong stuff in the post and didn't have the patience to get an exchange - some research indicated that while not ideal, it isn't too strong anyway. They're currently potted in some regular-sized solo cups and I'm watering them a little bit daily.

The grow area is 17 Inches by 20 inches and 40 inches tall - decked out with some really cheap 'diamond mylar' I found on amazon. I suspect that it's a gimmick, but we'll see if it does the job I suppose.

I've got a 4' inline fan and 4' carbon filter pulling fresh air in through a passive vent cut at the bottom of the unit. The lighting at time of writing is not ideal... I'm still waiting on a splitter so I can have two light bulbs on the go. Currently have one 45w CFL 6400k on 18/4 cycle, more to provide a bit of warmth to the seeds at the moment than anything else... winters coming to Scotland, it's dark all the time and the flat's bloody cold!

So hopefully have a combined 90watts of CFL light lighting the area before long... do you folks reckon it's enough? I'll be switching to the same wattage in the warm spectrum stage too.

For nutrients, I've got bio-grow and bio-bloom, but I reckon I'll avoid adding those for at least a week so that the wee plants can run down the Nutes already in the all-mix first.

Thanks for reading! Can't wait for any feedback.

Wood Burner

Re: Wood Burner's First (from scratch) Soil Grow Journal - 2014

3666133D-9D2B-419F-8757-2F7C58634CB3_zpsptlbjnbu.jpg

The grow box's grow area.

0878B814-D339-4F6B-B843-D87184D59673_zpsdijqpfn6.jpg

These shelves were already in the Tall Boy. Stealth storage as standard. Fan fits nicely in the top shelf too.

Was worried that the pre-flushed soil was a bit wet for the seeds, but the Kush Sisters both broke soil surface while I was at work tonight. Yeaaaah!

The Widow didn't have as mighty a shoot as it's neighbours when planted, so hopefully it's still just running a bit slow and not dead in the water.

The Kush sisters are shooting up! Check out this wee sprout:

5C51B8DA-92A6-4E98-8A7A-8EFB57580CC0_zpsyuvsncqn.jpg

It's been nearly a week since planting, so will probably start adding some light nutes this week.

Unfortunately there's still no show from the white widow after about 5 days, so I reckon it's a dead duck. I'll give it a while longer, but I'll just stick with whatever survives for the rest of my debut grow. Sure there's plenty more fuck ups to be made...

Hope all is well in your world.

Is your grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom