My Experimental Grow - 2nd Grow

Millers Meds

Ok this is my second grow. First one I pulled 1.5 lbs per light of green crack. This one I did some intense research and came up with a new formula I am going to try out with minimul store bought ( GH, Advanced nutes etc. ) nutrients as in my research they all seem over priced and almost always lack something that is sold in another bottle or mix with another name. ( hype products )
Germination.

Soaked Rockwool in mycorrhizae solution for about 15 minutes although said do it for 6 hours I had a lot of seeds and didnt want to wait. Soaked seeds for about the same time.

Threw them in rockwool and most sprouted the next day. Unfortunately I could not find the mix I will use next time for this stage which I will use a 10-52-10 & (0-50-30 experimental tray) one time.

first week veg, 10-30-20 ( experimental tray )

For veg I am going to use a 15-15-30 & (20-20-20 experiment tray) until 2nd week of flowering

first week of flip 10-30-20 ( experiment tray )

and possibly a 20-0-30 ( experiment tray )as a vertical stunt grower in week 2 if they are larger

3rd to 5th week of flowering depending on bud size I will switch to a 15-30-15 & (5-11-26 Experimental tray ) for bud setting for about 3 weeks

To finish I will switch back to the 15-15-30 & (4-26-26 or 0-50-30 experiment tray) until flush
Like I said one tray is experimental but just for N-P-K stuff other is just a wild ass prolly gonna kill stuff experimental tray.

I will have 2 trays for experiments. I am using some things I have never heard of as far as nutrients go, along with a ( experimental mycorrhizae ) as stated on label that from what I read has some awesome qualities.

Fertilizers is listed above, 1 mycorrhizae formula I have actually found in some hydro stores recently, the other no hydro store has even heard of it. Also switched out 4 of my light for Gavita's. ( wow what a difference ). I got some molasses for the mycorrhizae and other good stuff in the soil ( which made my roots fuzzy as all hell yay it works ) I will be using some Cyto Plus from BioAg. I used to Bam endo from this company to compare it to the mix I got with the experimental stuff and there is no comparison. BioAg was at best dissapointing in results. I hope the Cyto Plus works better. I am 5 days in now and roots look good.

0826152259.jpg

View image in gallery

as well as the tops
I planted 32 today in one of my trays under HPS after a day and half of getting them used to the light. I used my mycorrhizae mix ( 2 different ) and a tbs of Calcium in rez (55g) to soak medium then planted and foliar fed with Cyto Plus. I also started training the plants already ( breaking stem ) or whatever you call it due to the space and the canopy I am trying to get. I could not get the early mix in time so I had to use ( unfortunately ) GH 3 part mix for now ( first week ). Then I will use the scheduled mix's. As well as adding a organic yucca based wetting agent, some other thing that comes from sea water ( SEA-CROP ). ph from 5.7-6.0 ( I try to have it at 5.7-5.8 ) I am using this set up basically thats all. One experimental tray is going to have a Triacontanol mix disolved with Propylene Glycol ( and N-P-K alternate versions/amounts )so I can play with the measurements and stuff I add to it until I get it right ( hopefully I get it in the first 5 tries ) Adding either some IAA's or Ga3 Gibberellic Acid , NAA Auxin | Naphthalene acetic acid aka Napthyl Acetic Acid, and or 0.1% Brassinolide in various combinations till I get it right. May only add one of those or multiple. My reaserch showed that usually 1 or more works best.

I am also trying 4 different growing mediums just for the hell of it I know some are stupid but ya never know.

One is straight perlite.

One is straight grow rock

One is straight rockwool ( the small chunks )

Other is sunshine mix #4 aggregated.

So far suprisingly I am liking the Rockwool. It sucks water from top and keeps bottom wet eliminating ( hopefully ) that green algae from the top. Not sure how this will go tho but I wana eliminate some things so next run I have just 1 medium and can experiment with other stuff.

So nutes

Few different N-P-K ratings for normal and experimental trays
2 different mycorrhizae mixes
Molasses
Cyto Plus
Yucca wetting agent
SEA-CROP
and
Triacontanol mix for experiment tray #3 with normal N-P-K mixes.

The reason I am doing this is because something occured to me. I thought who makes big money producing products or whatever. Big farms or agricultural companies. Then thought if these hydro nutes and other stuff ( GH, Advanced nutes, Fox farms etc. ) are so good why arent big farming companies using them? Then I started to research what they are using in what stage and why for all stages of growth and the how and whys of effects in a good and bad way in each catagory. I know some of you are like wtf is this guy doing. But what I have found makes way more sense then the hyped up advertising of some of these well known products from companies listed above. So only thing to do now is sit back and watch how the results come in. Only time will tell. If I blow it and kill them all or come out with nothing but crap at least I will know. But I do not think that this will turn out that bad but ya never know. So have fun following along all as I waste money on experimenting with stuff that may produce a beautiful yield and also may produce something no better then my cats crap. This will be fun either way since I got all the products for free courtesy of other growers who do not want to try these experiments as they can not afford a failed crop. All I am paying for is the electricity and water which I run through a RO and merlin garden pro after the RO. So lets start the show!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

woops yes update sorry been super busy.. here is the past month worth lol I am uploading pics as we speak so i can give updates by week and you can see progress.

Ok so about 1 and 1/2 weeks old sorry I cant remember exact dates but I rememberd to take pics lol

0910151716a.jpg

0910151717.jpg

0915150800.jpg

about 2 and half weeks or so

0927151734a.jpg

0927151735b.jpg

0927151734g.jpg

4 weeks which was about 3 days ago to present today here are current updates this is after the second topping though so yes they are still shorter..

0927151732.jpg

0927151733a.jpg

0928150132.jpg

Size of leaves today after pruning

0928150130.jpg

0928150357.jpg

0928150351.jpg

And here are the slight issues I ran into unfortunately

0927152256a.jpg

0927152256c.jpg

I realized that this new Myco formula I am using is insane good. Cuz my nute costs in half aready, I had to really take it easy because it doesnt matter if nutes are Chelated or not this stuff makes the plants immediatly suck up the nutes so I had to make some fast adjustments when I hit them full strength about 3 weeks in. The hydro are really touchy I can not go full strength yet I am about 60% and that is really on the border of burn so next feed tomorrow i tuned it back to %50. Do not want to push them to far right now. After this my nute and difficiency problems are gone. My Triacontinal formula on the experimental ones have created HUGE leaves and HUGE stalks. Unfortunately I can not give to all yet as we all know its the end result that matters. Not sure how the Tria is going to affect them in the end so going easy. So far here is my nute line up for anyone interested since i have settled on some things. Mycho formula is Photosynthesis plus or ( Plus C in cali ) with Quantum growth light. From what i see these are the same things actually but one is just more concentrated. So I am replacing one with Quantum growth VSC 50/50 mix with 3 TBLS Calcium Nitrate (55 Gal Rez.) ( 1 oz per gallon of each in hydro, same in soil to inoculate and then 1tsp per gallon with no Calcium nitrate for the remainder of two weeks then I re inoculate my soil trays hydro is constant no change) plus adding my nutes that i started out with Plantex 10-30-20 untill week 3 then I went to Grow More 20 -20-20 with BioAg Cyto plus with Protekt from Dyna-Grow ( I am throwing in a 5lb tea bag of Alfalfa ) as it seems the Plus c formula is breaking down the alfalfa super fast and so far it is seeming that the plants are getting some Triacontinol ( non experiment trays ) but may just be that burst of growth to. Time will tell. I am phing 5.8-6.0 for both soil/hydro. Brix test at 1 month was only 5.3 though unsure if thats good/bad. Foliar is HSC+ daily, then weekly they get some liquid kelp, plus C, Cyto Plus and of course a wetting agent, Therm X-70 or Nectar for the gods works good. and unless I am forgetting something thats it for now.

Oh yea forgot I was using Sea Crop added to Foliar once every two weeks
Plus C
Quantum VSC
BioAg Cyto Plus
Grow More 20-20-20
2 TBSP Calcium Nitrate
( every other week I do 36 oz Quantum VSC, Plus C, and Quantum Light )
After 4 weeks seems for some weird reason Quantum Light and Plus C go great together and I dont get it cuz I read they were they same thing. :() the Cyto plus and HSC kind of overlap with the Humic acid and Seaweed extract but still work great using both. Liquid kelp as foliar just rocks so what I have done is went half strength on Cyto and HSC+ for foliar and using them both along with Liquid Kelp, Sea crop and wetting agent. Yesterday I did my first Triacontinol Foliar today I swear it seemed the leaves and stem doubled in size. Now this was on a newer baby maybe 2 weeks old size as in the pics today was 3 week old size. Love the fun experiments.. Hope I can come up with one super great recipe or just something that will help somone out. Anyone have any feedback on anything or suggestions? I would love to hear em. Also think I may try OOZE Bloom for flowering, and drop my Cyto plus seems to have Tria and Amino's and this claims to be stimulating the Terpenoid production natural stimulants which of course I want for the resin. Iffy about using it though because of cost so any feedback would help me a lot

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom