First grow - Leaves thick but twisting & deformed

JimmyJackson

Hey there - I have posted a thread once before and am not 100% on a whole lot of things.

Can I get some comment on the twisting and drooping seen in the bigger of these two plants. Also - why would some leaves come out deformed? Hooked (seen in smaller plant) or fingered wrong eg a malformed fiver with siamese leaves (fused).

Please let me know. They are in 100% organic soil and only fed ph neutral store bought water.

2016-08-09_18_15_37.jpg
2016-08-09_18_15_30.jpg
2016-08-09_18_15_23.jpg

Re: First Grow - Leaves thick but twisting/deformed

Hey Jimmy. Could you tell us a little bit more info ?

Like what is your room temp and rh, what kind of led you use and what height it os , and how oftend you feed them ? :battingeyelashes:

Re: First Grow - Leaves thick but twisting/deformed

Hey Rahulik - unfortunately I have no idea other than the light which is a "600w" (claimed equivalent) LED. I feed when the soil seems dry and have been mixing it up with a little top up every few days or a full drench once per week, although I have read mixed reviews on the full drench technique (till water drains from bottom of pot).

It's 100% organic soil and pot is approx 1 gallon - which today I will replant into final pot of 3.5 gallons. I can see roots trying to get out the base of the current pots. The temp in the cupboard is slightly warm - the light puts out barely any heat. Light is around 40cm (15inches) above plants.

Thanks

Don't transplant yet. She hasn't filled that pot with roots yet. With a healthy plant, you'd have a few more weeks in that pot. You want a massive root system that can support her during flowering. To do this, you need the pot to dry out between waterings. Drench her, then let the pot dry out. Let her leaves slightly wilt, then water. This wet/dry technique will fill that pot with roots quick.

You need to raise that light if you can. At least 18" to as high as 36".

Can you take pictures without the LED on? It's really hard to tell whats going on without some natural color.

Thanks masonman - just repotted before seeing this but am happy enough to do so - the thicker of the two (twisted leaves) was decently filling that pot with roots, wasn't quite root bound but was getting close and I am sure will have another surge of root growth in the bigger pot. I will check the height again but it would be close to 18". Light off pics below.

2016-08-13_13_24_17.jpg
Sister1.jpg

2016-08-13_13_23_43.jpg

It may be genetic error also. It will go better in later veg, but it may be not the reason.

So you dont know what temperatures and rh is in your grow room ?
Sometimes heat causes curling like that, but it needs like 30 C, to that or something .

I could be wrong, but if new growth is looking to be normal i wouldunt paranoia that much ,

It may be genetic error also. It will go better in later veg, but it may be not the reason.

So you dont know what temperatures and rh is in your grow room ?
Sometimes heat causes curling like that, but it needs like 30 C, to that or something .

I could be wrong, but if new growth is looking to be normal i wouldunt paranoia that much ,
I agree. Watch the new leaves over the next week. The roots may have had a hard time hooking up with the soil.

Back
Top Bottom