Is this magnesium deficiency?

1ofaKind

It looks more intense than what I see in other photos. Sometimes the leaves cupped up, but it has progressed. Now they are mostly folding down.

I started using camg+ in tea a few weeks ago, MagiCal a week and a half ago, and added 1 tsp per gallon Epsom salt 2 days ago...

So I was hoping for a correct ID of the issue and that it would have gotten better by now, but it is climbing up the plant...

Vermifire orgamic soil, with extra pearlite, hydrotons, and rice hulls.

Usually do tea or bubbled water with budswell or big bloom. Some tiger bloom for the nutes, at 1/4 strength. Superthrive once a month.

Water is usually 6.5ph.

Strains that are affected are Kali Mist, Serious 6, and Blue Cindy. Sativa dominant hybrids.

IMG_122737.JPG
IMG_122836.JPG
IMG_122930.JPG
IMG_1230_2_.JPG
IMG_123243.JPG
IMG_123443.JPG

Still looking for some love and some knowledge... The issue has not improved.

It is happening with my 3 biggest plants, but the other 4 look fine. I have had a similar issue before, but not this early in flower, and not this severe.

It affects a leaf on 1 cola, none on another, all on the next. Mostly bothering the main colas.

Here are some natural and far away flash pics from just now!

IMG_124534.JPG
IMG_1249_2_.JPG
IMG_124935.JPG
IMG_124635.JPG
IMG_124434.JPG
IMG_124238.JPG

Another thought is nute burn, but if this is happening with the biggest plants only, that implies a deficiency, right?

Plus, this is like my past grows, only I am using less last ferts, more organics, so why would it be worst?

It really doesn't look like Mg def. No spots...

I am hoping it is something obvious and simple that someone can point out to me ASAP.

Thanks for the help!

I'm leaning more toward burn than deficiency based on the type of damage to those leaves. The fact that it is the "biggest plants" are they all in the same size pots? Some organic fertilizers are just as potent to the plant as chemicals so you still have to be careful and sativa strains definitely respond differently to nutes and environment than indica strains do. One of the pics seems to show the damage in a specific location of your garden; could that be a hot spot or could something be reflecting on those plants only? If the biggest plants have the same size pots as the smaller plants and you are giving them all the same amount of nutes, that could be an issue as root bound plants can't use the nutes as well as plants with healthier roots. Just kicking around some ideas for you to think about. I just don't think this looks like a deficiency.

Man I wish I could help. I'm just a rookie and have not experienced this. I like to go by charts.

420-magazine-mobile1368263420.jpg

Could you maybe have a chlorine issue?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

When is the last time you did a flush? It sorta looks like mag deficiency but im stumped. I would not think their would be a mag deficiency with your teas, epsom salts, and calmag so maybe you could have some salt build up. I think this because the rest if the foliage look super healthy to me but im no expert by far just my opinion in it

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Yeah, I never really figured it out. It was 7 - 7 gal sacs in a 4x4 tent. I even had an 8th in there for part of veg.

It was difficult getting to the plants so I watered and let a half gal come out the bottom.

So no flush until the problems started happening. Then I had to drag them outside, buy 60 gal of RO water, and flush. I did that 2x, and only gave 1/2 strength nutes after. (of course that was already 3 weeks into flower).

Another revelation: That many plants in a small tent can't stretch out, so their roots never filled the pots. So they took a long time to dry out. If I ever did a grow like this again, I think 5 gal, or maybe even 3.5, would have allowed me to flush easier and water more frequently.

My main goal in the future is to get my plants up off the floor with a drainage method that works for me.

Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom