Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1 slice
Yield: 16 slices
• 1½ cups/360 ml Magical Coconut Oil
• 3 cups/600 ml grated carrots
• 2 cups/475 ml all-purpose flour, plus more for pans
• 2 cups/475 ml sugar
• 1½ cups/360 ml chopped pecans (optional)
• 2 teaspoons/10 ml baking soda
• 2 teaspoons/10 ml ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon/5 ml salt
• 4 eggs
• Butter for greasing pans
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter, salted, room-temperature
• 3 cups/600 ml powdered sugar
• ½ cup/120 ml chopped pecans
• 3 (8-ounce/230 g) packages cream cheese, room-temperature
• 1 teaspoon/5 ml vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch/23 cm) round baking pans; line the bottoms with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine sifted flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Add Magical Coconut Oil, and beat in stand mixer or hand mixer, adding eggs one at a time. Whip until the mixture is light and fluffy, about three minutes.
5. Reduce speed to low. Slowly add the flour mixture, then the carrots and pecans; mix until completely combined.
6. Pour the mixture into baking pans, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
7. Remove the pans from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
8. Remove cake from pans, place on waxed paper, and allow to cool completely before frosting.
1. Add all ingredients except nuts into a medium bowl, and whip until fluffy using a hand mixer.
2. Spread frosting across the top of the bottom cake layer. Then, carefully place the second layer on top, and cover the entire cake with the rest of the frosting.
3. Apply remaining pecans to the sides of the cake, and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour.
4. Divide your Carrot Cake into thin slices, serve, and enjoy!