Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: about 10 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 3-4 tablespoons/45-60 ml
Yield: about 5 cups/1185 ml
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter, room temperature, cut into 1-inch/2 ½ cm pieces
• 8 ounces/225 g high-quality dark semi-sweet chocolate
• 8 ounces/225 g high-quality white chocolate
• 2 cups/480 ml (heaping) hazelnuts, skinned (about 10 ounces)
• ¼ cup/60 ml sugar
• 1 pound/450 g semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
• 1 cup/240 ml heavy cream
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml pure vanilla extract
• ¾ teaspoon/4 ml kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spread out the nuts on a rimmed baking sheet or in an ovenproof skillet.
3. Roast the nuts until deep brown, 13-15 minutes, shaking sheet once for even toasting.
4. Remove the nuts from the oven, and let them cool completely.
5. Place the hazelnuts and sugar in a food processor, and blend them until they turn into a fairly smooth, buttery paste, about 2-3 minutes.
6. In a double boiler, completely melt the chocolate. Then remove it from heat, add MagicalButter 1 piece at a time, and gently mix until everything is completely incorporated.
7. In a small saucepan, warm the cream, vanilla, and salt without allowing it to boil.
8. Slowly whisk the cream mixture and chocolate mixture together.
9. Turn on the food processor, and slowly add the chocolate mixture to the hazelnut paste. Mix thoroughly until a uniform consistency is achieved.
10. Transfer the mixture into a tight-fitting jar or serving dish, and refrigerate it. The spread will thicken and become more “peanut-buttery” as it cools.
11. Let your Goodfellas Nutella stand at room temperature for about 4 hours to soften before serving, and enjoy!
You can refrigerate Goodfellas Nutella for up to one month. It will keep at room temperature up to 4 days.