Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-17 minutes per round
Chill Time: n/a
Serving Size: 8-12 ounces/ 230-340g
• ⅔ cup/160 ml Fresh Herbed MagicalButter
• 1 fresh turkey (15-20 pounds/7-9 kg)
• 1cup/240 ml champagne or dry white wine
• 8-10 cloves garlic: 4-5 cloves minced, 4-5 cloves whole
• 3 tablespoons/45 ml Ginzo Garlic Seasoning mix
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml fresh ground pepper
• 2 medium onions, rough diced
• 2 large carrots, rough diced
• 2 celery stalks, rough diced
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F/160°C.
2. Put ½ cup/120 ml of your Fresh Herbed MagicalButter into a small bowl.
3. Using a meat injector, carefully inject the turkey breast and legs with the butter.
4. Lift the skin on the breast to separate from the meat, and rub the Ginzo Garlic Seasoning mix onto the meat under the skin.
5. Into your roasting pan, add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, 2 tablespoons/30 ml of Herbed MagicalButter, salt, and pepper. Then add the champagne, and give it a quick stir.
6. Place the turkey atop the vegetable/champagne mix, inserting 1-2 handfuls of it into the body of the turkey along with the sprigs of fresh herbs.
7. Cover the turkey completely with aluminum foil, and place it in the center of the oven.
8. Cook for about 2½ hours per pound/½ kg, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F/70°C.
9. Let your Magical Turkey rest for 15 minutes before carving to keep it nice and juicy, and enjoy!