- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup infused coconut oil
- ¼ cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup matzo meal
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more for cooking
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, coconut oil, chicken stock, matzo meal, nutmeg, ginger and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently mix with a whisk or spoon. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours or overnight.
- To shape and cook the matzo balls, fill a wide, deep pan with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. With wet hands, take some of the mix and mold it into the size and shape of a Ping-Pong ball. Gently drop it into the boiling water, repeating until all the mix is used.
- Cover the pan, reduce heat to a lively simmer and cook matzo balls about 30 to 40 minutes for al dente, longer for light.
- Add the cooked matzo balls to some chicken or vegetable soup and enjoy!