You’re Roasted Chicken
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: N/A
Yield: 6 servings
• 6 tablespoons/90 ml MagicalButter MCT Oil and olive oil blend
• 4 tablespoons/60 ml (½ stick) MagicalButter, melted
• 1 roasting chicken (5-6 pounds/2¼-2¾ kg)
• 4 tablespoons/60 ml poultry seasoning
• 3 tablespoons/45 ml pink Himalayan salt
• 3-4 teaspoons/15-20 ml pink Himalayan salt
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml garlic powder
• 20-25 baby cut carrots
• 3-5 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
• 3 large bunches fresh thyme (7-10 sprigs each)
• 1 lemon, halved crosswise (I suggest Meyer lemon)
• 1 bulb garlic, halved crosswise
• 1 large yellow onion, thickly sliced
• 1 bulb fennel (tops removed, and cut into wedges––optional)
• 1 pinch/⅓ ml red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Remove everything from inside the chicken, and rinse it inside and out.
3. Remove most of the fat, skin, and any leftover pin feathers from the back of the chicken, and pat it dry. Pat, pat. Who’s a good bird? That’s a good little birdie.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the MagicalButter, half the oil, the garlic powder, and poultry seasoning, and liberally rub it over the chicken. Salt and pepper the inside.
5. Stuff the chicken with 1 thyme bunch, both halves of the lemon, and the garlic bulb.
6. Tie the legs together with kitchen string, tucking the wing tips under the body.
7. In a roasting pan, toss the onions, carrots, and fennel with the rest of the oil, salt, pepper, and the remaining sprigs of thyme.
8. Spread the vegetables evenly in a 9″ x 13″/23 x 33 cm roasting pan, and place the chicken on top.
9. Roast the chicken for 1½-2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F/70°C.
10. Remove the chicken and vegetables to a platter. Cover them with foil for about 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to commingle and infuse together.
11. “You’re Roasted, Chicken!” Serve, and enjoy!
Suggested side dishes: The vegetables from the pan; mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum!!
When cooking poultry, the general rule of thumb is: 450°F/230°C to roast a whole (thawed) chicken. Roast for 10-15 minutes per pound.
If including Cannabis flower in your recipe, use 325-350°F/160-180°C, and cook for 20 minutes per pound.
When time is up, if the meat thermometer reads less than 160°F/70°C, return the chicken to the oven for an additional 10 minutes; then re-check the internal temperature.