1 large stem drooping? Any Ideas?

Vista760

I just sprayed safe insect killer on my outdoor plants, which are starting to flower. I came back from work and noticed that a couple large stems on two plants were drooping very bad. Every rest of the plant is fine, the other 3 plants are fine, and I gave them water yesterday. Does anyone have any ideas what caused this? Is it able to be saved?

Resampled_2013-05-22_19-41-30_688.jpg

Resampled_2013-05-22_19-41-40_613.jpg

Re: 1 large stem drooping??? Any Ideas?

Any spray should be done in the dark cycle. Chemicals burn leaves and could cause that drooping. Root lock, under watering or over watering could also cause the plant to do so.

Give it ph balanced water to flush the soil out, should perk back up. Maybe since you put the insecticide on there give it a little mist of water on the leaves so they can soak up something else

Good luck buddy!

I also have this clone of a clone so it looks like a midget plant. I believe it should be done soon but I have no idea as I have never done this before. I noticed that the top section has some browning....what would cause that and when will I know its done. Again thanks everyone for your help....

Resampled_2013-05-21_17-04-47_920.jpg

Resampled_2013-05-21_17-05-08_151.jpg

Browning could be bud rot. Maybe had some Caterpillars cruising around. When they shit, it causes bud rot. Any little tiny black pellets on any of the leaves?

Check the branch where it connects to main stem, looks like it might have separated.. I would expect the whole plant to suffer not just one or two branches. Good luck!

The plants need a thorough inspection. Let no leaf go un-turned. From what it looks like with the possible rotting issue, as well as that whole (and only) branch seeming deprived of nutrients. Moth's which give birth to the european-corn borer are typically the ones that can "decapitate" a branch or cola, by drilling into the deep crevices, and furthermore into the stem. You need to investigate quickly, otherwise everything can be in jeapordy.

PS, use a toothpick to sift through the rotting portions to look for the worms, if they have indeed shit induced rot, you need to find them asap. The toothpick routine may be your best friend if this is actually what's happening. Just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom