10,000K HE T5 Lights

SAMtheAPman

So I'm growing outdoors, but have decided that I need to make some feminised seeds for next year. Really don't want to risk pollinating all of my plants so was thinking of growing the shemale clone inside.

I have an old set of T5 lights that were used for an aquarium. There are 3 x 8W HE (high efficiency) 10,000K bulbs in a small reflective enclosure. Each bulb is only about 10.5 inches long though.

I'm currently using these lights for my new cuttings (1 and 2 days old), and the clones seem happy enough.

My question is: could I use these lights for the period of changing the female plant to male (1 plant only). Will they give off enough/the correct light/work for the length of time required to produce pollen sacs?

Turns out I can get "red" bulbs (no K given) for "plant growth" to fit. So I'm going to try a couple (2 x red, 1 x 10000K).

Also, found another aquarium light I had with 2 x 24W 10000K bulbs (approx 600mm long). Going to get one red one for this as well. Should be enough light for what I want to do.

6500k-6800k for veg and 2200k-3000k for flower. Putting flower bulbs when in veg will make them stretch real bad. How are you planing to make your female into a male?

6500k-6800k for veg and 2200k-3000k for flower. Putting flower bulbs when in veg will make them stretch real bad.
Cheers. Yeah, I'm going to leave the 10,000K daylight bulbs in for starters (veg) and then add the reds with unknown K a bit later to help with pistils and then pollen sack development. Will report back.

How are you planing to make your female into a male?
Colloidal silver.

Back
Top Bottom