10 Politicians Puffing About Pot

420 Warrior

Politicians can't seem to avoid the topic of marijuana, whether they're being asked to fess up about their own use of the drug in the past or about their views on its legalization. Last week, Virgin Group founder Richard Branson joked that he had asked President Barack Obama if he could "have a spliff" at the White House state dinner. Here's POLITICO's look back at what 10 pols have said about pot:

1. "When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it and didn't inhale and never tried it again." — Bill Clinton, WCBS-TV (March 1992)

2. "Look, when I was a kid, I inhaled. Frequently. That was the point." - Barack Obama, meeting of the American Society of Magazine Editors (Oct. 2006)

3. "Pot smokers may be the largest untapped voting bloc in the country. ... A hundred million Americans have smoked marijuana. You think they want to be considered criminals?" - Gary Johnson, Outside magazine (Sept. 2011)

4. "I have a reputation for giving unpopular answers at Democratic debates. I never used marijuana. Sorry!" — Joe Lieberman, Democratic presidential debate (Nov. 2003)

5. "Why don't we handle the drugs like we handle alcohol? Alcohol is a deadly drug. What about – the real deadly drugs are the prescription drugs. They kill a lot more people than the illegal drugs." — Ron Paul, Republican presidential debate (Nov. 2011)

6. "That is not a drug. It's a leaf." - Arnold Schwarzenegger, GQ magazine (Oct. 2007)

7. "You bet I did. And I enjoyed it." — Michael Bloomberg, New York magazine (2001)

8. "Congress should definitely consider decriminalizing possession of marijuana. ... We should concentrate on prosecuting the rapists and burglars who are a menace to society." — Dan Quayle (March 1977)

9. "If somebody's gonna smoke a joint in their house and not do anybody else any harm, then perhaps there are other things that our cops should be looking at to engage in and try to clean up some of the other problems that we have in society that are appropriate for law enforcement to do and not concentrate on such a, relatively speaking, minimal problem that we have in the country." - Sarah Palin, Fox Business Network (June 2010)

10. "I did everything but drink the bong water when I was young." - Dana Rorabacher (R-Cali.), on Bill Maher's "Politically Incorrect" (1996)

120319_marijuana_ap_328.jpg

News Hawk - 420 Warrior 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Politico
Author: MJ LEE
Copyright: © 2012 POLITICO LLC

Perfect proof that these politicians are a bunch of pussies when it comes to pushing for the de-criminalization of this harmless plant. Shame on all of them! Using cannabis isn't just for hippies anymore.

Perfect proof that these politicians are a bunch of pussies when it comes to pushing for the de-criminalization of this harmless plant. Shame on all of them! Using cannabis isn't just for hippies anymore.

Yea, and the "New And Improved Hippy" now has computers to fight back with! :high-five::thumb:

Now that's funny, espicially for a politician.

Didn't remember that about Sarah Palin, but I'd smoke a J with her, for sure.

Smoke a J w/Palin, Really? Budbro, C'mon! For what? To give her a peice of your mind? What?

She's lying. She would rather the cops waste their time. See how she says "in their home"? Are we going to be regulated to our homes? Can't drive, can't be with it outside of our home???

Back
Top Bottom