1000 watt's and 4x4 trays

Fitter

Well first let me say high to every one this is my first post. I have been reading on here for some time and learning a lot. I have been doing soil grows for a while and came across a deal on a hydro set up that was so good I had to get it. What I have is 1000 watt Hortilux eye HPS bulb in a Raptor hood, two 2x4 trays, two 15Amp hydrofarm timers, 1 duel outlet Active Aqua air pump with 2 big black air stones of some type, 2 Active Aqua 400 pumps.

So my question is what media should I run in this thing there is so many different ways to go I am kind of stuck at this point. I have this all in a 6x6 room wrapped in black and white panda. I have a few different choices in strains also if that matters. Any help would be great and thanks for stop n by.

Fitter

Thanks for the help. I went to local hydro store and they sold me on the hydroton clay balls and baskets. I am sure I will have a few more things to ask along the but so far reading on this site has got me along ways in this hobby.

welcome aboard.
It seems you came on here the same way I did, as a lurker first, gathering knowledge, and now as a member with a grow.

Good luck with the grow.
I've done soil grows only so I'm no help with the hydro, but wash those balls, sir, before planting anything in them. Wash them good my friend. LOL

I think having a 1000 over a 4x4 tray setup in a 6x6 room will be a dream.

Make sure you have fresh air coming in or a CO2 setup.

Get the lights running and get any temperature/venting issues worked out.

Look into a nice fan/filter setup to take care of smells.

Many thanks for the warm welcome chicagojoe. yes I did lurk for about 6 months or so reading and gathering up all of need info and items need to do a good hydro grow.

I also have only done soil up till this point so thanks for the luck I will need it. I really have just got the room up and running tonight just got done testing it all out. And yes I did wash my balls really good. then I filled up both res and ran fresh water in the whole system it for about an hour it was pretty clean but I dumped both tanks and put in fresh water again and pH it. I think I am ready:yahoo:.

I also ran the light and ya I will need more venting but I will have to wait a while. I have the fan running and max right now was 75f with a RH of 50%. I know warmer days are going to heat things up and with plants the RH will go up so I will get on it soon.

Any way's thanks and look for my grow to come

Fitter

Back
Top Bottom