1000w metal halide

eucanuba

any one use a 1000w metal halide for veg? have 5 strains blue dream, kc jones, 0g kush, lemon kush, diesel. put in 1 inch cube, then into 4 inch cube. no nutrients.ph at 6. 3/4 of them wilted 1st night at house. use to have same strains under a t5 and this never happened. any suggestions
ranp1w.jpg

How close was light ? i move my babies from flouros to 1000 hps had it 4.5 feet above still got some burning and bleaching what was temp in canopy?take a week or so for mine to get used to intensity of 1000 move it down slowly 6 inches at a time till i am 12 to 18 inches above canopy watching temps the whole time.

Rendrick

Personally, I would never use the MH/HPS type bulbs. Not because they don't produce good results, because they do. My issues with them is that they are much more trouble than they're worth. The amount of heat they produce means you'll have to find a way to transport the heat away from the grow area, plus if your plants even get close to the bulb it'll burn. Plus, a great big percentage of the electricity these bulbs use is spent on producing the heat, so it's really really wasteful.

Using the high power CFL's (or T5's) is in my opinion a much much better choice, almost for any small to medium indoor grow. They'll still produce heat, but nowhere near the same amounts, and there's almost no chance these bulbs will burn your plants, even if they're resting on it. I have a 150W(actual, not equivalent) 2700K cfl hanging about 4-6 inches above the single plant I'm growing and it's loving it. Also, since they last so much longer than the other types of bulbs, they'll probably save you some dosh as well in the long run, even if you run the same wattage, which is not strictly necessary. Logically, since the CFL's produce less heat, more of the power is converted to light instead, meaning you can cut down on wattage and still get the same amount of light.

Just my 2c., but I'm no expert so double check if you want to follow this.

I've found T5s produce some seriously feathery buds. Buds under HID are much denser, and produce a larger yield. T5s are only a good idea if you have a small grow (1 -2 plants). CFLs are really useful as fillers, not much else.

Back
Top Bottom