1000w x2 or 600w x2 in 4x6 area

kruizin

Hello All!

I've been growing 8 ladies in a 4x6 foot grow area. I've also been using 2 1000w HPS lights over them. They are growing quite nicely, but the electricity bill went sky high! Do you all think it is possible for me to use 2 600w HPS over the same area and get the same growth and yield, considering I'd be lowering the lights closer to the canopy in hopes of matching the lumen output of the 1000w'ers? I'd really like to save some money on the electric bill if it's really not worth the extra light in my smallish grow area. Are those 1000w overkill for my setup?

Thanks for your time! :peace:

Hey Kruizin I am new around here but I would say you will be fine with 1 1000w or 2 600w. I am running one 1000w in a 6x6 room with a Raptor hood and it fills the whole room with lots of light. And by the way small other things add up so take a look around the house and see if there is any where you can save a bit of power. My wife run's a floor heater a lot when she is in the garage doing laundry and talking on the phone and that heater is 1500w!

Back
Top Bottom