1000w or 600w + 250w for a 4x4?

celticseas

Hi,
I currently have a 600w mh/hps light with a cool tube and I am vegging 8 plants. This is for personal use as I wanted a variety. The thing is my 600w doesn't feel all that hot, and it's new, which I find strange. I am using a 440cfm 6" fan to cool everything but I expected more heat. Anyway, I also have a 250w HPS with a built in ballast. So my options are either to hang the 250w along with the 600w, or sell everything and get a 1000w. I guess maybe I'm concerned about the hanging weight on a 4x4x7 tent as well; I'm not sure how much weight they'll support. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
cs

A 600 in a 4x4 should be about right although if you can handle the heat and have the height a 1k is better. How about a digital ballast that can dim. I like the ones that will fire a 400-600 or 1k bulb as well as dim a 1k down.

I like those too, kind of expensive though, around $200. I'll probably have to wait on that and get by with the 600w. I might try and use the 250 as but I'm not quite sure how yet. Thank you for writing, I appreciated your input ":)
cs

Maybe I could section off my tent. Two plants on one side with the 250w, and 6 plants on the other (larger) side 600w?

My best increases in yield have come from environment, nutririon, and canopy management. Skills that are aquired after each successful crop. I would keep it simple and keep trying to better your last crop by tweaking.

Back
Top Bottom