12/12 flowering must be completely dark ?

tk86high

So Ive put my 6 week old into flowering state a few days back , I was wondering is this true about it must be completely dark when its doing the flowering process at 12/12 or it can delay the flowering process or make the yield a lot less?

Would love if somebody can clarify this with me , I put her in a cardboard box with a blanket over but im sure there is still some very very tiny light , And ive read even that can delay the process, how true is that?

Just doesnt seem very logical to me as all plants grown outside still have the moonlight shinny on them during the 12hrs of "darkness" period. So what they never flower or they just take forever too do so ?

Thanks for any in sight that would logically explain why it must be complete darkness.

IMG_8115.JPG
IMG_81143.JPG
IMG_81132.JPG

Doesn't have to be completely dark but the darker it is the better and faster they flower. You can build a cheap greenhouse cover and use black plastic to set the 12/12 schedule.

I am not sure why everyone feels that it must be completely dark to flower a weed. Where and when is it ever pitch black outside? You obviously do not want direct light on your plants in the dark phase but some mild ambient light will not hurt. On A night with a full moon you can see your plants quite well, but it does not hinder flowering so logic dictates that the same is true indoors. You don't want more light than is provided during a full moon but absolute dark is not necessary either and anyone that claims it is is a lemming that should fling themselves off a cliff imo. I will snap some pictures of my plants in the next dark cycle to show you what I mean. Please stop reading Cervantes and taking it that his is the only way to grow.

Moonlight doesnt have the same spectrum as sun light so it doesnt bother them during flower, and yes light leaks can slow down or even cancel flowering and your plant can herm so 100% darkness is necessary

Moonlight doesnt have the same spectrum as sun light so it doesnt bother them during flower, and yes light leaks can slow down or even cancel flowering and your plant can herm so 100% darkness is necessary

I must disagree as this is my first grow and i started the flowering stage 4-5 days ago and I can already see fizzy white hairs coming up and its not 100% completely dark , its about 95%. So Ill have to agree with previous posts from the members.
Thanks for your input though.

I must disagree as this is my first grow and i started the flowering stage 4-5 days ago and I can already see fizzy white hairs coming up and its not 100% completely dark , its about 95%. So Ill have to agree with previous posts from the members.
Thanks for your input though.

I'm with ya. My single outdoor plant is busy making fruit and it's never pitch black in my garden, not even close. I say the plants have figured out by now that they ain't getting pitch black dark time so like any organism they've adjusted. ;)

Yea plants will bloom under moonlight, I was saying that moonlight isnt the same as sun light or plants would think its day time all the time. Moon light has no effect on it. because the sun is farther away during the dark and shining on the moon it isnt the same, and yea they technically are the same spectrum but moon light isnt the same by far. and maybe it isnt the way he's stating and he's wrong his "light leak" can probably not be a leak he could think it is. Neither of us is in person so no one can say for 100% sure, and thats why plants can flower under moonlight cause it isnt the same as the sun, photosynthesis doesnt occur at dark why do you think they change at night? they use all that stored energy to change at dark during the moon light and no where I said they wouldnt flower under moonlight. I said if the moon made "photosynthesis" occur (cause thats what the sun does) They would be no technical night time for plants and no plant would flower out doors but whatever..

The sun is 400,000 (four hundred thousand) times brighter than the moon. Outdoor plants know the difference between moonlight and sunlight.

Indoor plants need a pitch black environment to flower optimally. Indoor lights certainly are not 400,000 times brighter than the moon or any other light. Pitch black is the way to go if you want to see your plant's full potential. Not even a pinhole of light would be great. Or wait, maybe your indoor light is 400,000 times as bright as that pinhole of light coming in your flowering area.??

try to make it as dark as possible because SOME strains will hermi indoors with light leaks. Ive grown several different strains now and at least two of them (The Purps and Purple Kush) were very sensitive to light leaks and I had hermi issues with them. All that being said dont let it stop you from doing it your way cuz u'll learn a hell of alot more from the mistakes you make than the successes you have.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom