1st Annual LA County Medical Marijuana Exposition & Patient's Rally

Spliff Twister

On Saturday, September 30, medical marijuana patients and advocates will gather in West Hollywood to celebrate the ten year anniversary of Proposition 215, the voter initiative that legalized the medical use of marijuana in California and sparked a nationwide debate on the topic. The celebration will feature booths, music, food, and an impressive roster of guest speakers — including California State Assemblyman Paul Koretz and medical marijuana pioneer Dennis Peron.

The First Annual LA County Medical Marijuana Exposition & Patient's Rally is sponsored by Assemblyman Koretz's Medical Marijuana Task Force and hosted by former county HIV/AIDS Commissioner Richard Eastman. "This is our celebration of ten years of courage, faith, and hope," said Eastman, "that the federal government will one day reschedule marijuana as a medicine." Eastman said he and Assemblyman Koretz will present awards honor ten people who have helped in the struggle to legalize medical marijuana in California.

The all-day event will feature music by LA's electronic duo, Marijuana: The Band, and other as yet unannounced acts. Organizers describe the festivities as "ten hours of eclectic, vaudeville entertainment with speeches, film, and surprises." Local medical cannabis dispensaries will join marijuana and hemp vendors in the exhibition area. Organizers are even planning for a Proposition 215 birthday cake and an inter-denominational ceremony marking the occasion.

"I hope this is a chance for everyone who has worked so hard to celebrate what we have achieved, and get motivated to finish this compassionate work," Eastman said. He added that the celebration is scheduled early enough to allow attendees to register to vote in the November election. "We need medical marijuana supporters voting for candidates that support us."

The First Annual LA County Medical Marijuana Exposition & Patient's Rally is scheduled from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM on Saturday, September 30, at the West Hollywood Auditorium located at 647 N. San Vicente Blvd. For more information, visit www.AboutMedicalMarijuana.com or call Richard Eastman at (323) 474-4602 or Don Duncan at (323) 464-7052.

Sorry Bro. I just posted this in another section on this site. I got it from another forum and thought others should see it too. Looks like a great cause, and lots of people going to be there. Count me in. Anyone else?

Later Gator
Dad

Yes it really is going to be fun. I'm not 100% but I think that because its in West Hollywood that anyone can go and smoke if they are allowing patinets to medicate.

Back
Top Bottom