Medical Marijuana Approval Turns

BluntKilla

The only smoke at the medical marijuana festival Saturday appeared to come from cigarettes.

Organizers of the event said they strongly discouraged people from lighting up at the West Hollywood Park Auditorium.

Attendees still managed to show support by wearing T-shirts with marijuana leaves on them or by buying one of the many glass pipes for sale.

The gathering celebrated the 10th anniversary of the passage of Proposition 215, which declared the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes legal in California.

Assemblyman Paul Koretz, adorned in a synthetic lei of the spidery leaf, was on hand to recognize key figures in the medical marijuana movement.

The West Hollywood Democrat championed legal access to the drug, which is used to ease pain and nausea.

"It is fitting that we celebrate this anniversary in the pioneering city of West Hollywood, a community that has always believed in medical cannabis and cared for medical cannabis patients," he said.

West Hollywood was the first city south of San Francisco to have a medical cannabis dispensary, after voters approved legalizing the drug for therapeutic use in 1996.

In 2003, state legislation was approved allowing counties to issue identification cards to medical users.

Federal law, however, continues to prohibit marijuana use. In June the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that federal authorities could still seize and destroy marijuana stashes and arrest growers and consumers in the 11 states that allow medical marijuana use.

Newshawk: BluntKilla - 420 Magazine
Source: The Press Democrat
Pubdate: Sunday, Oct 1, 2006
Author: NOAKI SCHWARTZ
Copyright: 2006 The Press Democrat

:peace: iv been a patcent of dr stiner san diego this is my first time on this site. not to good at the computer eather. i was wondering if there is a clouser dr. around and what do i need? can i use my old scrept?i also ned practice on how to use this site beter

Back
Top Bottom