1st closet Grow - Need advice

misbhvn

I submitted photos in gallery of my 1st closet grow, currently on 18 - 6 cycle.

Strain - Kush - Headbanger & Whoopie
# plants 5
Grow type - Closet - soil
Growth Stage - Vegetative (appx 2 months)
Indoor
Soil - Mix of Perlite and Potting Soil
pot size - 8" pots
Lights - 4 CFL - 300 W Total
Air cooled with Fan
Temp 73 - 80
No pests
Watering 2 X week
Fertilizer 10-10-10
Size of Closet 2'W X 2 1/2'D X 5 1/2' High

Would appreciate any constructive criticism, comments or advise.
:thanks:

Re: 1st closet Grow - Need advise

For starters I looked at the pictures. I like your setup but I would add some more cfl's to that fixture you made. It looks like you have 3 sockets spaced a bit to far apart for the wattage of your cfl's. I would add two more sockets, and two Y adapters so you have a total of 4 more lights. Your plants look like they are stretching due to not enough light. They should be really compact in veg. The 4 extra 6500k's will help greatly.

The only other thing you might want to consider is getting bigger pots. Your plants look really tall for 8" pots. Try to shoot for 1 gallon per 12" of height roughly. Error on the side of bigger pots. Your plants will get root bound in those 8" ones and their growth will slow down to a crawl. At least upgrade just before you switch to flower.

Other then that looks really nice and clean. It's basically a great setup. The extra light and bigger pots will push it over the edge though. :goodjob:

I've already begun 12 - 12 cycle (3days ago), should I still put them in the bigger pots?

Yes as soon as possible. If you don't your only cheating yourself of a much bigger final result. Go at least 3 gallon but 5 would be really good. Judging by your plants though a 3 gallon would work out. Don't worry about transplanting during flowering. If your worried about it just get some hormex root stimulater to avoid transplant shock.

And for sure add more lights if possible. It looks like you would have planty of room to turn that fixture into a 10 clf light fixture.

The first thing I noticed was the 3 plants, and how cramped they'll become during flowering, thus reducing light penetration. I grow in a slightly less area than yourself using a light canopy, and can only support one LST plant using eight 42W CFL's. I wish you well, but I believe your growing area might be a problem.

The only other thing I would recommend would be a fan arranement above the lights to wick away the heated air from the bulbs, and away from the plants.

Take a look at the setup I made for an example.

Foam Board Light Canopy

Good Luck! Plants look very healthy!

Back
Top Bottom