How far from light should i?

SUPERTOKER667

help :scratchinghead:

Im unsure as to how far from my lights should i have my seedlings and my 2 week old plants ?

Lights: 6 4ft t8 cfl 6400k 32/w each
closet size: 5' x 5'
plant: Nl and unknown
reflector: Mylar
soil: Miracle grow

any help will be apreciated.

Re: How far from light should i......?

The closer your lights are to your plant, the more enery will be delivered.
Put the lights as close as you can to the plants without getting them too hot. Use your hand as a guide. You want to maintain temps around 80ish in an ideal world. Perhaps a thermometer at the plant top level.

Cheers

thank you for your reply,

I also noticed the ones closer to the light have bigger leaves and shorter stems and the ones further from the lights have smaller leaves and longer stems. is this due to the distance they are in?

Yup. We call it "stretching".

Cheers!

ok cool so if i notice a plant has big leaves and short stem can i strech it or should i leave the plant as close to the light as possible for the remainder of the vegative cycle?

with those lights you can literally get the lights to about 2'' from the top of the biggest plant. i have mine about 3'' from the top of mine. they grow about and inch to inch and 1/4 every day/day and a half. Tead is 100% accurate! keep em growin!

Good advice here. If your temp is more than 80 degrees, you might want to rig an exhaust fan above your lights to wick the hot air up and away from your grow, plus the added air movement through the plants from below is an added, and essential benefit. MJ loves and needs a gentle flow of air fresh moving through the plant(s) from start to finish.

Good advice here. If your temp is more than 80 degrees, you might want to rig an exhaust fan above your lights to wick the hot air up and away from your grow, plus the added air movement through the plants from below is an added, and essential benefit. MJ loves and needs a gentle flow of air fresh moving through the plant(s) from start to finish.

thanks man i have a fan on also.. what soil mix do you guys recomend and what nutes?

i suggest only organic nutes unless you have a pH meter or test kit

thanks man i have a fan on also.. what soil mix do you guys recomend and what nutes?

fox farm have the best nutes its all i use as for the dirt i know some one using fox farm ocean forest potting soil good stuff if you want to see find heavyherbs grow he likes it but i grow dro so i dont know to much bout soil:ganjamon:

i used fox farm and now i use royal gold. i like em both. just make sure its sterile. fox farm produces theirs indoors so its the safest bet for ya. fox farm light warrior for babies then graduate to ocean forrest for adults. no nutes until they are grown. you can use folier feeds and root growth supplements. i tried nutes too early and lost my whole crop, three plants, but still its risky. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom