How far should I keep my LED bulb?

Those kind you can keep real close and won't hurt them as they don't put off much for heat, I've gone like 3" before and not had issues and if over 5" they stretch way too much trying to find the light, or that has been my experience before lately I just go into my small box after they been above ground for a day or two with a low watt growing led.

Those kind you can keep real close and won't hurt them as they don't put off much for heat, I've gone like 3" before and not had issues and if over 5" they stretch way too much trying to find the light, or that has been my experience before lately I just go into my small box after they been above ground for a day or two with a low watt growing led.
Planning to use it for the first week or week and a half, then switch over to the 150w grow light, I'm growing auto skunk

You can tell if it too far away as it will stretch like crazy, and when they that young they get too tall and can't support their own weight and try and fall over. But you can be real close with those light bulbs as they don't put off much heat or intense light.

You can tell if it too far away as it will stretch like crazy, and when they that young they get too tall and can't support their own weight and try and fall over. But you can be real close with those light bulbs as they don't put off much heat or intense light.
I see, i burned a few plants in the past so I'm real careful now....

I used the TaoTronic 27W at 18" for first week before I got a dimmable 150W Led for veg. Never had a stretch issue.

Attachments

• DSCN1819 (2).JPG
    DSCN1819 (2).JPG
    654.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN3167.JPG
    DSCN3167.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
3 inches seems real close, i know they don't put out heat, but doesn't light burn too?

3 inches seems real close, i know they don't put out heat, but doesn't light burn too?

If you talking like a normal household type bulb it don't seem to, have had it as close as 2" or less before as I had one that was stretching too much (got away from me), and then put it in one of my smaller boxes with an el cheapo led plant light. You can tell by how much they stretch when it 5" away or more than they trying to find the light as it's not as much as they would prefer.

If you talking like a normal household type bulb it don't seem to, have had it as close as 2" or less before as I had one that was stretching too much (got away from me), and then put it in one of my smaller boxes with an el cheapo led plant light. You can tell by how much they stretch when it 5" away or more than they trying to find the light as it's not as much as they would prefer.
Idk why, but the 20 watt bulb doesn't seem much different from the 150w blurple... Is it because plants see a different light than we do?

Idk why, but the 20 watt bulb doesn't seem much different from the 150w blurple... Is it because plants see a different light than we do?

Yes different than what the human eye sees, along with many of the blurples have UV lights in them also just like the Sun has UV but more of it.

Back
Top Bottom