Sprouting under led bulbs

Just need them real close or they stretch too much trying to find the light and fall over as not strong enough to hold their own weight if too tall. I've used a pole lamp (living room kind of light) and have it a few inches from the seedling for first 3-5 days before I put it in one of my grow boxes that has a stronger light.

Y
2019918-dbe7cfaf52d5f1e7d5f023dac46413b0.jpg
es, you can. Check my journal if you are interested. I started with household led bulbs to sprout and upped the lighting to a larger LED once sprouted.

Just my 2 cents, they make LARGER CFL`s that are great for seedlings, they have 2.7K and 5K to 6K spectrum. They have a lot more heat coming off them then the smaller household bulbs. But instead of rigging up 2 or 3 household bulbs one large uses the same juice, but offers 3 X`s the amount of usable light for them. If you have an old table lamp is all you need, or a $5 lawn sale lamp you can jury rig works fine........

Look for photography CFL bulbs they use in studios.

These are 6,5K color spectrum: 85 Watt ~//~ true wattage they get warm

1580316288144.png

These are 5.5K color spectrum:
1580316152053.png

They both have standard bulb base, no adapter needed. I use them to start all my plants for the last 4 years and you can get as fancy as you want. Place them over a cardboard box or in a closet, I use a 5 gallon bucket...... They give them a good kick in the ass instead of using 3 of 4 household bulbs. Mine are 3 years old and use for the first 10 - 14 days then move them to LED`S. They put out some LIGHT!!

send5-12.jpg
glow.jpg

Back
Top Bottom