2 questions if I may

TheEternalOne

First ?
Why are there a number of new sprouts with 1st leaves growing in the same soil of a potted mj plant?? Obviously i need to get rid but how did this happen!

Second ?
Whats the maximum load of light wattage a UK electrical circuit can safely take?? e.g will 2x600w bulbs be ok to run at same time in a household??

Thankyou

2, watts divided by volts 600w/240v

The average uk ring main can handle 32amps before your Mcb or Rcd hopefully does its job

600/240 = 2.5
2.5 what tho? Amps? And if yes does that mean you can have upto 32amps going before the mcb/rcb does its job? so 2x600watts worth of lighting should be no prob as it would be using 5amps worth out of the 32 or have i got that totally wrong?

Mystery sprouts...Cool :) Marijuana seeds dont just appear in random potting mix lol, are you using outdoor soil, or maybe have a hermie that dropped seeds into the soil, i would call it a lucky break and try to transplant the new ones to a new pot, maybe it will be something amazing. Good luck.

P.s. do you have any pics?

I think you may have the decimal in the wrong place there guys. 32 amps should blow your breaker. In the US our typical one blows at 20 AMPs. Since you guys are double the Voltage you can get the same power at half the Current. That doesn't mean you guys are running 10 amp breakers... I don't know but we get along fine at 120V * 20 amps a breaker = 2.4kW a circuit. Voltage never hurt no one. Current is the cuplrit that causes issues so you may be on 20 Amp breakers too I just don't know.

P=VI

So lets take a breath and make the math real easy. Lets say you are on 300V not 240V. So now we are saying

600 = 300 * I

so that means the I is about 2.

So we are looking at 600/240 = 2.5 Amps. That seems more reasonable to me but it has been a long time since I did this kind of math. :rollingeyes:

FYI for the US Troops...that's why we can get our ballast to run off 240 if we want. If you get the lines setup in your house correctly you can run your ballast much cooler and it will last longer if you can run it on half the current.

Since you are thinking this through think about this. You will want a high current timer to run you bloom schedule. You can get by with a cheapo one but it will eventually fail. If you don't have it in a "good" spot when it fails, if it catches on fire, that could be very bad even deadly. The current you consume and calculate will include all things on that switch which may include a few fans and maybe more. Add it all up and make sure your timer handles a lot more if you want to be safe.

I got a very robust one that was designed for outdoor use in hot tubs and pools. It can handle water being splashed on it. My timer handles 40 amps on, like I said previously, a 20 amp breaker. So the breaker in my house will pop long before something could damage that timer. $45 bucks and I sleep much happier at night. The difference is like $30 bucks less for a cheap one. Just not my kind of bet to make.

If you grow long enough everyone will have some "dirty" soil with unwanted weeds. Just don't use outdoor soil from your yard in an indoor grow. There are a lot of problems that MIGHT create. You may get away with it a few times but eventually you will have one or more of many problems.

:goodluck:

article 100 definitions as stated by the National Electric Code (NEC) "continuous load - A load where the maximum current is expected to continue for 3 hours or more.
All of article 210 is about Branch circuits.
Article 210.21(B) (2) Total cord-and-plug connected load- Where connected to a branch circuit supplying two or more receptacles or outlets, a receptacle shall not supply a total cord-and-plug-connected load in excess of the maximum specified in Table 210.21(B)(2)
Table 210.21(B)(2) states-Circuit Rating in Amperes 15 or 20 with a Receptacle Rated in amperes of 15 the Maximum Load in Amperes is 12
Circuit Rating in Amperes 20 with a Receptacle Rated in Amperes of 20 the Maximum Load in Amperes is 16
Circuit Rating in Amperes 30 with a Receptacle Rated in Amperes of 30 the Maximum Load in Amperes is 24

Unless your lighting schedule is less then 3 hours on at a time, I would recommend using this as for how much current can you safely use.
The NEC was not established because of safety, it was originally established by Insurance companies who wanted a loop hole to avoid having to pay insurance claims for electrical fires. If you doubt me, look it up.

In short what this means is never load up your circuits above 80% and you will be just peachy.:thumb:

600/240 = 2.5
2.5 what tho? Amps? And if yes does that mean you can have upto 32amps going before the mcb/rcb does its job? so 2x600watts worth of lighting should be no prob as it would be using 5amps worth out of the 32 or have i got that totally wrong?

Yes that's correct, the 2x 600watts will be fine to use

Back
Top Bottom