How far should I keep lights?

I usually have mine aroung 18" and they are 165W blurples.

There is a light meter app for phone you can use to get an idea of lux/lumens the light puts out it doesnt test par but I use it as reference.

Actually the sensor in new phones more sensitive than the cheap tester available. But like I said I use only as a reference.
i have a p30 pro and it's not really accurate, i tried with fleshlights i know the lumens off, isn't there a more specific way to figure out how far lights should be?

The reason and how I use the app as a reference.

I have an expensive lux meter and the app. Thats how I know the sensor is good on phone plus I spoke with manufacturer and researched the hardware.

I use app it tells me the lumens. I set light where i think should be test with app record lumens. If the plant likes the height I now have a figure that I can use to set any light.

I am not testing light for efficacy or efficiency i am merely finding a good height for light. Because im not testing light the app or tool can be as inaccurate as it wants to be. I'm not after the accuracy of the testing equipment I'm after a set figure I can use across all lights.

The reason and how I use the app as a reference.

I have an expensive lux meter and the app. Thats how I know the sensor is good on phone plus I spoke with manufacturer and researched the hardware.

I use app it tells me the lumens. I set light where i think should be test with app record lumens. If the plant likes the height I now have a figure that I can use to set any light.

I am not testing light for efficacy or efficiency i am merely finding a good height for light. Because im not testing light the app or tool can be as inaccurate as it wants to be. I'm not after the accuracy of the testing equipment I'm after a set figure I can use across all lights.
ok but how can you tell the right height by lumens?

You cant the plant is telling you the right height. A par meter worth thousands still wont tell you height the light should be.

Your plant will tell you. And when it does you use app tells you lumens and now you can go to any light stick your phone under and know if you have to raise or lower light to get same reading.

Can do same thing with a tape measure but the app is just easier and faster.

You cant the plant is telling you the right height. A par meter worth thousands still wont tell you height the light should be.

Your plant will tell you. And when it does you use app tells you lumens and now you can go to any light stick your phone under and know if you have to raise or lower light to get same reading.

Can do same thing with a tape measure but the app is just easier and faster.
i see, i also have another question.

is it better to have your light close to where most of the buds are, so they grow huge and the ones on the side grow smaller,
or

raise the light, get less light on the middle, but get more coverage overall

I do recommend growing 1 plant and letting it grow without training or removing leaves just to learn how the plant grows. I would grow out a sativa and an indica for learning purposes.

I went directly into training plants as was told this is how you get the biggest, best yeilds but after doing it realized that I didn't really know how the plants grew so I didn't really know why or what the training was doing. I learned so much more by letting them grow normally and now I am armed with more knowledge of plant.

I do recommend growing 1 plant and letting it grow without training or removing leaves just to learn how the plant grows. I would grow out a sativa and an indica for learning purposes.

I went directly into training plants as was told this is how you get the biggest, best yeilds but after doing it realized that I didn't really know how the plants grew so I didn't really know why or what the training was doing. I learned so much more by letting them grow normally and now I am armed with more knowledge of plant.
i had pretty good success training plants outdoors, idk

how many plants would you put under 240w of blurple? (autos and photos)

I usually have mine aroung 18" and they are 165W blurples.

There is a light meter app for phone you can use to get an idea of lux/lumens the light puts out it doesnt test par but I use it as reference.
btw, do you keep them 45cm from the pot, or the top of the plant?

i had pretty good success training plants outdoors, idk

how many plants would you put under 240w of blurple? (autos and photos)

I had great success also but will have better now with a better understanding of plant.

I would flower 1 plant under each of those blurple lights. I have flowered 4 in a 2x4 tent using 2 lights but would have better or the same success with only 2 plants. They just don't have the coverage or penetration that the newer QB lights have.

btw, do you keep them 45cm from the pot, or the top of the plant?

I measure from top of top cola to light.

Back
Top Bottom