1st Timer - Flowering - 35th Day on 12/12 - Cheese

TomzzKONG

Hi Guys, I am a complete N00B, Sorry :)

How long do you think is left for this to be harvested?

Its under a 600 Watt Proxima Euro Lighting System.

I use air stones and a pump, I started with 4 plants but now I am down to 3 as 1 died
for an unknown reason (picture of the dead one posted).

I regularly take off the big leaves that are brownish from the stem and block the bud spots below.

Any tips or advice would be brilliant.

Thanks guys.

photo_1_105.JPG

photo_3_73.JPG
photo_2_91.JPG
photo_4_52.JPG

You have a while yet dude.. Just keep them going and they will double in size. Patience!
My cheese took a while longer than the GHS video...
You have the best bit to come, those bad boys are going to explode. They will thicken up, become ultra sticky and stink the place out - Bliss!
When you start to think they are ready (use your x60 scope make sure the tri's are all at least cloudy) snip a bit, quick dry it and have a go.. I guarantee though that when you crop it you could have waited a week longer! I did the same in retrospect. Its all learning. Don't worry about the bits underneath, crop twice so you can give them an extra week if you have time.
Don't pull leaves off that don't want to come off - lots of articles on here explaining that. Dead ones - yes.
Hope this helps, have just had a toke though....

Here you go, wait till they look like this (that could have done another week probably):

DSC_2588.JPG

microscope is the best way to tell ripeness. Search tricome development

Thanks for the replys guys, I shall definitely have to invest in a microscope and all those ph reader things. @smashngrab, what do you mean by crop twice? That one looks amazing, i cannot wait till mine hit that stage, how many plants did u have? My last 3 are like 5 foot now lol

You haven't got a PH & EC? Invest my friend but keep this in mind: buy cheap buy twice! I use essentials.. That may be why you have lost a couple of plants..?
Crop twice: cut what is ready and leave whatever isn't until it is. Those little buds left underneath will put on a bit more size over a week or 2.
Glad you said that I was trying to work out how tall they were.. 5ft a good size hey? You will get a decent crop from those.
Roughly 4 plants in each quarter of a 2.4sq tent (clones had 6 in).

I shall definitely invest lol. Yeah only lost the one that was the biggest :( but hey, learning. Thats a good idea, will try that if they arnt big. I dont know if thats a good size or not. My tent is Width 120cm, Depth 120cm and Height 200cm. I am going to get another for just veg and one for just budding. I only use a grow and bloom nutrient, do you think it will be worth getting a nugget one aswell?

Learning / Research is KEY and all the info is a click away.
You must monitor those PH/EC levels (I aim for PH 5.6 and EC 1.8). Go over 2 in hydro and it does effect them.
1.2sq was what I first used and have based every grow around that... I had 3 plants in that. Started with 6 (3 were free seeds and more of a test than anything else, so ditched them).

Can I offer these tips:
1. Clone all your plants so you can sort out a mother - free plants, saves money and time. Clones grow tighter and quicker and as long as you choose your best plant - perfect results each time.
2. Get your fans outside the tent - more room
3. If your going to grow them that high - get an air cooled hood (I have both tube and the square one. Tube is great for space but in winter you can remove the glass from the square if temps are down).
3. I have only grown in NFT's but from what I see my results are much better than pots. Down side is you can't move them if you needed to. Either 1 GT100 or 2 GT646 in your tent (2 GT646 are cheaper than 1 GT100 - work that out).
4. Use bamboo canes attached to the top frame and through the correx of the NFT to support plants (canes are 1.8m and the GT is 20cm off of the floor - perfect) - especially for cheese.

I use Ionic grow, bloom and Boost. Boost isn't much and you only use a small amount.

You will need somewhere to dry, I use big cardboard boxes (put the money from a 3rd tent toward you pH/EC) which are perfect. Make a hole in it and put the end of your intake from the grow tent in it - will pull air through, dry the buds and keep the smell down.

Addictive isn't it? You wait till they start doing their thing properly - magical! LOL

Thanks for the tips mate, Daayymmm this is going to be an expensive hobby lmao. I also use Ionic, I will have a look at boost. I was planning on drying in my tent, but may take ur advice and crop twice. Very addictive LOL. Thanks mate

My pleasure dude. The payback far out weighs the investment..

Back
Top Bottom