1st timer nervous about weather

Ra1882

420 Member
First ever grow, upstate NY. I think I need another week on my big plant and probably two on my smaller one.

There's like 4 straight days of rain in the forecast and I'm worried about the possibility of rot. Any tips? So close to harvest and I don't want to cut early

IMG_20220924_183151.jpg

IMG_20220924_183141.jpg

IMG_20220924_183135.jpg

IMG_20220924_183130.jpg

Wrap that rascal…. temporary covering of plastic
Hmmm never considered that. I was gifted these clones and have no idea about the genetics. I'm nervous about f'ing up harvest. Pistils? Trichomes? Squishy or firm buds? I have cloudy trichomes, maybe 30% brown Pistils on my big plant and maybe 5% on my small plant. Buds still feel squishy. Stopped feeding today. Hope I'm doing it right lol

Last week. I haven't trimmed since flowering other than big fans covering buds

20220920_183417.jpg

20220917_180340.jpg

20220917_180333.jpg
You're ladies look very nice! I too grow outside and am facing the same problem. I have been battling white powdery mildew. And been treating that every few days with vinagar and water or lemon juice and water.

Boytritus is a constant threat in October around hear, I in the PNW. I personally am going to keep spraying every few days with an Acidic spray. As mold and mildew cannot survive in a highly Acidic environment. Hence is why the vinagar water or lemon juice and water should do the trick to Prevent Boytritus. At least that's how I'm drawing it up on paper, and is my plan going into October. :bong:

You're ladies look very nice! I too grow outside and am facing the same problem. I have been battling white powdery mildew. And been treating that every few days with vinagar and water or lemon juice and water.

Boytritus is a constant threat in October around hear, I in the PNW. I personally am going to keep spraying every few days with an Acidic spray. As mold and mildew cannot survive in a highly Acidic environment. Hence is why the vinagar water or lemon juice and water should do the trick to Prevent Boytritus. At least that's how I'm drawing it up on paper, and is my plan going into October. :bong:
Whats your ratio for the spray? Sounds like a nice natural way to prevent it

Whats your ratio for the spray? Sounds like a nice natural way to prevent it
With the vinagar it is 1 quarter cup of apple cider vinagar to 1 gallon of water. And the lemon, I actually buy lemons and squeeze the juice out and then strain the pulp out. It's about a half cup of pure lemon juice to 1 gallon of water.

Those plants need a month to finish. At least.
After the rain you can spray those plants with a potassium bisulfite(pH up) solution. By raising the pH up over 8 you create an environment that will not allow mold to grow. Google it—farmers do it to crops to save from rot.
Last Saturday my crowded crop of white widow got hit hard By an early storm. I removed all the fan leaves to reduce weight and increase airflow. The colas have enough leaves at this point for photosynthesis. So far so good.
08310618-1430-4F13-AF60-261042C44678.jpeg

Those plants need a month to finish. At least.
After the rain you can spray those plants with a potassium bisulfite(pH up) solution. By raising the pH up over 8 you create an environment that will not allow mold to grow. Google it—farmers do it to crops to save from rot.
Last Saturday my crowded crop of white widow got hit hard By an early storm. I removed all the fan leaves to reduce weight and increase airflow. The colas have enough leaves at this point for photosynthesis. So far so good.
08310618-1430-4F13-AF60-261042C44678.jpeg
So I can go ham on the fans? I wasn't sure if I should touch them through mid-late flower. I've wanted to but through various searches and people I know who've grown said just let them do their thing while flowering and don't shock them.

1st timer nerves I suppose. Man I don't know if the weather will be helpful to me for another month. Keep feeding them then?

So I can go ham on the fans? I wasn't sure if I should touch them through mid-late flower. I've wanted to but through various searches and people I know who've grown said just let them do their thing while flowering and don't shock them.

1st timer nerves I suppose. Man I don't know if the weather will be helpful to me for another month. Keep feeding them then?
Feed till harvest always. If you stop feeding, the plant will take nutrients from the fan leaves to feed the flowers causing the FADE. If you remove the fan leaves to help eliminate moisture you really need to stick to the feeding schedule until harvest.
You can hamfist the fans! Just this time though, because of weather. I never recommend removing fan leaves unless it’s to benefit the plant. Here’s a simple explanation I like to give to new growers.

You feed the medium(soil or whatever)
The medium feeds the roots
The roots feed the leaves
The leaves feed the flowers

The ripest, reddest, sweetest apples are found deep in the tree under the leaves.

Yep potassium Bicarbonate will help “ with bud rot ... a milk and water mix for powder mildew. Staple a tarp or plastic to fence to create an awning ,give buds a good shake after rain, You can use a blow dryer on warm “ to help dry out moisture

Feed till harvest always. If you stop feeding, the plant will take nutrients from the fan leaves to feed the flowers causing the FADE. If you remove the fan leaves to help eliminate moisture you really need to stick to the feeding schedule until harvest.
You can hamfist the fans! Just this time though, because of weather. I never recommend removing fan leaves unless it’s to benefit the plant. Here’s a simple explanation I like to give to new growers.

You feed the medium(soil or whatever)
The medium feeds the roots
The roots feed the leaves
The leaves feed the flowers

The ripest, reddest, sweetest apples are found deep in the tree under the leaves.
Trimmed them up removing a lot of fan leaves and used some bodine sulpher fungicide for powdery mildew. Continuing with the feeding till harvest. This rain has been relentless the past few days. Had a brief window to apply the fungicide. Weather looks much better moving forward.

IMG_20220928_114157.jpg

IMG_20220928_114112.jpg

Trimmed them up removing a lot of fan leaves and used some bodine sulpher fungicide for powdery mildew. Continuing with the feeding till harvest. This rain has been relentless the past few days. Had a brief window to apply the fungicide. Weather looks much better moving forward.

IMG_20220928_114157.jpg

IMG_20220928_114112.jpg
Looking very healthy. Perfect shade of green from top to bottom. Plenty of leaves on those plants for photosynthesis. Nice job keeping after them through the rain.

Looking very healthy. Perfect shade of green from top to bottom. Plenty of leaves on those plants for photosynthesis. Nice job keeping after them through the rain.
Sun is finally back out, frost warning tonight though but literally the only night in the next two weeks where temps will be that low, so not sweating it. Mid to upper 30s (F)

Took some close ups with my phone of some buds halfway up the plant. First two are my big girl and second two are my smaller Christmas tree girl.

Trying to keep the little bit of PM under control. Gonna bud wash at harvest. H2O2 in one bucket and Baking soda lemon juice in another then rinse. Anticipation is killing me.

20220929_145020(0).jpg

20220929_145020.jpg

20220929_144947.jpg

20220929_144945.jpg

Use to gorilla grow in Ontario Canada..if there pretty close to finish,nothing wrong with a bit of frost as long as the days are warm and a bit of a breeze preferably.. sweetens the bud

Back
Top Bottom