1st grow - In flower & weather changing

Justones

This is my first grow. I have two girls in large pots (nearly 15 gal) I'm about 48 days into flowering. Mostly a sativa type plant. Trichnomes are getting cloudy. No amber ones & the pystils are still mostly white.

The night temps have been dropping. Between 58/65 degrees at night. Then about high 80's during the day. Looks like it will be that way for the rest of the week. We also have several days rain is in the forecast ahead.

I'm a little worried about the cool weather and rain.
I know cool weather burst can help with trich production. But I'm worried about the coolness with rain knocking the trichnomes off a bit. Being cold makes them brittle to break off. I can't cover the plants where things are. I might be able to bring them in the house. But they won't get much light from the window. I don't have a grow light. Plus if I bring them in. They would have to be inside a few days if the forecast plays out like they have it.

re: 1st grow - In flower & weather changing

IMO, your "cold" is not really cold. That's nearly ideal night time temp's. We've been in the mid-40's for a while.
I don't believe rain will hurt your trichomes at all. Extended moisture could cause rot. That's the problem I'd be concerned about.

Ok. That's good to know & thank you. I'm not real worried about rot. My buds aren't super dense. I tend to them pretty frequent looking for pest & trouble. This past week the trichnomes just turned cloudy. But I have a feeling they are still a good ways till things are ready to harvest.

But I have a feeling they are still a good ways till things are ready to harvest.

Probably so. My early bloom / quick finishing plants go until about the beginning of October. Others will go into November, weather permitting.

What night time temps are borderline bad?

It is probably strain dependent. I've not grow in really low temp's. My plants do OK down to the mid-40's. Some will turn purple and fans will get the yellow-purple coloring that looks like 'P' deficit but is really the development of anthocyanin. I know they hate frost. That usually happens here just as plants finish in early October.

I'm at 43N latitude, but also at 2200 ft. elevation. :(

Someone mentioned you were out west. I'm in the mid south. Idk the exact strain. Was just bag seed I saved from decent. Appears mostly sativa from the looks. I read it has a longer flower period. I was thinking it might be late October or so when they might be near an end. I may be off on that guesstamate being im new to it. Seems mine went to flower a little early at the end of july. I SURE do love seeing new milestones show up each week with them though. They seem to be fattening up & getting more fuzzy now.

Rain won't hurt your plants unless you grow totally shitty genetics (wrong choice exempt blah blah blah). High RH of 70% or more for more than 4 days together with sudden drop of night temps might bring mold though. You can spray for it, but if you can move plants indoor if it's that bad, I'd do it.

Back
Top Bottom