24-4-16

chops

24% nitrogen -4% phosphorus- 16% potash or somethin like that....thats the fertilizer i use at my work...its great for grass..oh and i work at WEED MAN..haha...but anyways... my friend is growing some plants....and theyre already about 4 weeks in i was wondering if this fert would be good to use for the plants?

nope... not at all... too much nitrogen, with which it is easy to burn your plants, even organic nitrogen sources... not NEARLY enough phosphorus, but the potassium(potash) is fine... however, you could use it in conjunction to other nutrients... i think that if you get some bone meal to go along with that, you should be fine... and preferrably a little more potash... you want something around the ratio of 10-15-10 (or 20-30-20... just something around there), and some plants like a little more potassium... and some like a little more nitrogen... and when you use ur nutes, water them down a little extra, just to see how your plants take it... better to not have enough than too much... you also need to look at the label on the back... let me know how much micronutrients are in it... in otherwords, the percentages of all the chemicals on the back that aren't nitrogen, phosphorus, and potash... i'm going to assume that the container lists potash, which leads me to believe that ur nutes are somewhat organic, which is a good thing... if you have any more questions, ask away!... good luck!

you can use any type of fert to grow weed just need around 20-20-20 thats the max so you can find alot of ferts like that at Lowes or Walmart...Peters Fert (for Vegetive stage) and Peters Ferts - African Violet (For Flowring) those 2 are good ferts for growing MJ.

snugglefunked said:
nope... not at all... too much nitrogen, with which it is easy to burn your plants, even organic nitrogen sources... not NEARLY enough phosphorus, but the potassium(potash) is fine... however, you could use it in conjunction to other nutrients... i think that if you get some bone meal to go along with that, you should be fine... and preferrably a little more potash... you want something around the ratio of 10-15-10 (or 20-30-20... just something around there), and some plants like a little more potassium... and some like a little more nitrogen... and when you use ur nutes, water them down a little extra, just to see how your plants take it... better to not have enough than too much... you also need to look at the label on the back... let me know how much micronutrients are in it... in otherwords, the percentages of all the chemicals on the back that aren't nitrogen, phosphorus, and potash... i'm going to assume that the container lists potash, which leads me to believe that ur nutes are somewhat organic, which is a good thing... if you have any more questions, ask away!... good luck!

No disrespect, but cannabis LOVES!!!! nitrogen, that plant food is a little low in phosphorus, but it's good to veg. If you want to bud, you're gonna have to get nute with higher phosphorus. :peace: :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom