The Claw - Nitrogen toxicity in 3rd week of flowering

It is recommended that once you flush for Nitrogen toxicity that you wait 1 week before adding Nitrogen to the plant to give it a chance to recover. When you do your flushing it is suggested that a minimum of 3 times the volume of your pot of straight H2O be poured through the pot slowly and allowed to drain, personally I use 5 times but 3 is the minimum suggested. This is to remove salts and excess of Nitrogen from the soil. If you have a PPM and PH meter you can get reading at the start of the flush and at the end and you will see how much it lowers the PPM.

I did flush the plant, for 3 days didn't measure how much. but watered until the pot drained a little.
it's in a five gallon pot I am sure it isn't over watering,
I have all the early signs of nitrogen toxicity. and I have stopped any progression of it. I have read about it in a few different places before.

That's why I am asking If a fertilizer with a NPK of 4-12-4 has too much nitrogen in it to use after having experienced a nitrogen toxicity during flowering.

When I say flush with 3 times the volume. I mean take your plant into a shower or bath tub and pour 15 gallons of water through it, in one sitting. A gallon at a time until all 15 are through, then allow the pot to drain for about 30 minutes not over the course of a few days, all in one shot.

Think of her roots as being her feet, you have had her feet wet for 3 days now with no sign of them drying out. Eventually she will start developing root rot since her feet are staying wet for such a long period of time and not being allowed to dry out. Flushing on the other hand gets her feet wet but since you are doing it all in one shot, all that water is going over her feet in a short period of time, working more like a wash of the roots, and since the soil can only hold so much water, after you are done, her feet are no more wet then what they should be when you normally water her. But you have to allow her feet to dry out before you get them wet again. Allow air to get to them.
Think of your own feet. Sure they are wet every day from taking a shower but then you dry them. If they were wet all the time and not allowed to dry imagine what your feet would look like after 3 days, or even a full week.

Hmm how does one measure 15 gallons in a shower.. lets see.. what if you used the shower only for the drain so you do not get the floor all wet since I am sure your drain pan is not a 15 gallon tray. Then pour 15 one gallon containers of water which you collected from any faucet you desire in or out of the house. I use a 1 gallon water pitcher and use the shower water to fill the pitcher. when the pitcher is full I shut off the shower and addd the water to the pot, rinse and repeat 15 times.

Thanks for all the information, Hopefully I will never need to use it again.
but once the flush has been done will a 4% nitrogen be too high to use?

As for the question is 4% nitrogen to high to add after you flush? Well I am no expert by any stretch, but the grow bible by Jorge Cervantes has been around for a long time and he suggests no nitrogen for 1 week. Is he the end all know all? No but I do know he has a better grasp on growing MJ then I do, so unless I am willing to gamble on my theory I will be following his lead. And for the record I have done things he said, do not do, and so far I am not showing any ill effects but that was a personal choice I was willing to gamble with. I could of just as easily screwed up my crop and would have no one but myself to blame.
Here is one way to look at this question. Imagine you took 12% vicodine for pain and over time you got a toxic level in your body. The doctors do a flush on you and remove enough vicodine out of your system so you do not OD. If the doctors recommended you wait one week before going back to your recommended dosage of say 12% vicodine would you seriously be asking the doctors if it would be ok if you just took 4% for that week to get you by

personally if it meant no feeding this week to avoid giving it any nitrogen then I would say so be it, but it is your garden and you sir, are God in your garden. You get to choose. And when you do choose, make it your own choice, not mine.
When it is all said and done, no one is twisting your arm to do it this way or that way, we are merely offering you suggestions which we feel are in your best interest but you have to make the call and live by it.
If your still not sure on what to do, you might try searching the internet with the question "Is 4% nitrogen to much to feed a plant that has been flushed due to Nitrogen toxicity?"

I really do wish you the best of success with your grow :love:

I am NOT I repeat NOT going to add any nitrogen right now. never said I was... you misread me. Please do not abandon me.

When I have finished the flush and waited.

Is a 4 % nitrogen too high to use on a flowering plant? I want to Add phosphates, but the fertilizer I have contains a 4 % nitrogen level as well as the desired phosphates. Will that 4 percent burn the plant LATER . not now.

I am not asking if it is okay to add nitrogen NOW i know that is a bad Idea.
Is it okay to use a 4% nitrogen level on a flowering plant?
What is the NPK rating of the nutrients you use during mid to late flowering?
I am not trying to blame anything on anyone, I need to know if a 4% nitrogen level is too high to use on a flowering MJ plant..

I use a solution with 5%n the whole way through my grow so no 4%N wouldn't be detrimental to your grow. The plant will still use the nitrogen while in flower but most people will cut it out because it stops upward growth in flower. If you have a ppm meter when your water first comes out the bottom at first test your ppm. then finish out the flush. if its something crazy high like 900+ then its very likely that is the source of your problem.

Back
Top Bottom