Nitrogen toxicity coco? Help needed

Grower2020

Hi guys, so I have encountered the dreaded claw .
I'm also noticing since the clawing started, a small amount of yellow blotching between the veins only on the plants with the claw
I have 6 plants( all zkittlez auto) in coco And all recieve the same feed but only 2 of them seem to be clawing and small blotching on a couple of leaves.
Before it rained I was using delivered water on a truck to fill my tanks with a ppm of 350ppm . I collected rain water from a friend with a ppm of 9 and I would dilute the 350 ppm town water down to about 250ppm using the rain water.
I have been adding calmag to every feeding which i am now unsure is necessary because i think town water contains calcium and magnesium plus the cal and mag that is in the canna nutes should be sufficient shouldn't it?
So I'm wondering if the extra nitrogen in the calmag and the town water is causing a nitrogen toxicity?
I want to know if I should cut my calmag back to quarter doses.i would cut the calmag out all together but since it has actually rained and diluted my town water in my tanks to 200ppm down from 350ppm I might still need a little calmag or would there still be enough in the diluted town water plus what's in the canna nutrients?
Thanks all comments welcomed

20210901_190200.jpg

20210901_190147.jpg

Cal Mag is 1-0-0 so not a whole lot of N in it. I guess if there's some N in everything you use it adds up though. I do see some clawing & shiny green leaves; but they don't look real bad. Only thing I know you can do growing in Coco is Flush it & then feed again with new nutes. Have you been pH-ing to 5.8 ? Do you get run off when you feed ? Wondering if there's Salt Build up in the Coco throwing the pH off.

Cal Mag is 1-0-0 so not a whole lot of N in it. I guess if there's some N in everything you use it adds up though. I do see some clawing & shiny green leaves; but they don't look real bad. Only thing I know you can do growing in Coco is Flush it & then feed again with new nutes. Have you been pH-ing to 5.8 ? Do you get run off when you feed ? Wondering if there's Salt Build up in the Coco throwing the pH off.
My calmag is 2-0-0 Not 1-0-0 . Apparently inwas inwas just told that my ec is wayyyy too high in the cocoforcannabis live chat by proven growers .
I'm running 900ppm roughly 1.8ec so I'd say with the full dose of calmag on top of it especially 2-0-0 calmag would be pumping them full of nitrogen.
Tomorrow I'm going to flush with nutes and set ec to 1200 as directed on cocoforcannabis chat . And lower my dose of calmag to 2.5ml per litre since I am using tap water that already has a ppm of 240 which has cal and mag and contains cal and mag in the canna coco nutrients. Should be plenty of calmag in the water and the nutes to drop my calmag right down to 2.5ml per 10L

My calmag is 2-0-0 Not 1-0-0 . Apparently inwas inwas just told that my ec is wayyyy too high in the cocoforcannabis live chat by proven growers .
I'm running 900ppm roughly 1.8ec so I'd say with the full dose of calmag on top of it especially 2-0-0 calmag would be pumping them full of nitrogen.
Tomorrow I'm going to flush with nutes and set ec to 1200 as directed on cocoforcannabis chat . And lower my dose of calmag to 2.5ml per litre since I am using tap water that already has a ppm of 240 which has cal and mag and contains cal and mag in the canna coco nutrients. Should be plenty of calmag in the water and the nutes to drop my calmag right down to 2.5ml per 10L
just told that my ec is wayyyy too high in the cocoforcannabis.

Makes sense that, that would give you excess N. I'd keep an eye on the plants if you cut back on Cal Mag. They use more of it during Flower.

Never bothered with an EC pen, just measure out ml/L - never more than a total of 10ml/L combined
I have only ever used 1ml/L CaMg
The Ca + Mg in tap water is not the same as EDTA chelated oxides in nutes, so I think that logic is flawed
The plant is looking OK, just give it a break with plain pH'd water to give it a chance to use up some nutes
The leaves will start to look less cabbage and more pert in a few days

Dont get over 1.2 myself and of cause 0.4 in the tap water so 1.6 i agree with growings on giving her a day or two break of nutes guess you found whats just a little to much for that strain at this point

Back
Top Bottom