24hr light cycle for auto flowering strains

ganjagod22

Hey fellow famers I have a noob question? ....
If I want to keep my plant under 24hrs of light, can I simply put her under grow lighting for say 16-18 hrs and then move it to my bathroom for the night with the light on all night while I sleep. I know this will have no real benefit to the growth of my plant im just scared out of my mind of waking up to a grow box on fire and would rather leave it under a light that is usually on all night. Thanks guys and happy farming!

Well better leave it 18 on 6 off or 20 on 4 off, nu use on leting with the bathroom light. Why would you think your grow box could go on fire? Cfl bulbs are safe, but, if you think you have problems of that kind better make another grow box and wireing. You shouldn't take that kind of risks.

Well better leave it 18 on 6 off or 20 on 4 off, nu use on leting with the bathroom light. Why would you think your grow box could go on fire? Cfl bulbs are safe, but, if you think you have problems of that kind better make another grow box and wireing. You shouldn't take that kind of risks.
thanks for reply aperson...
Its not that the grow box is insufficient or the wiring. Its that ive seen posts on you tube of a cfl bulbs exploding at random and they can set themselves on fire from doing so. Hense the worry of waking up to a fire. Im growing an auto flower so the photo period doesnt really matter but I was planning on putting under close lights for 18hrs and then leaving it in the bathroom overnight with the bathroom light on all night as usual that way its still getting 24 hrs of light even if only 18 of them hrs is sufficient to the plant. Not planning in growing in the bathroom just dont want the plant to hermaphrodite on me because of a messed up lighting schedule. will putting it in a room with the normal light on, a cfl bulb also, be enough for the plant to think there is 24hrs of light. Tbh ive always had a fear of waking up to a fire so the whole idea of leaving a light on in my wardrobe over night while I sleep isnt a great one in my eyes lol. Thanks :)

Dude. Calm down. You're way overthinking this one. CFL tubes rarely, if ever, self destruct. Lots of people run them 24/7 for numerous other reasons than growing weed. Run them 24/7 or set a timer for 18/6. You'll be fine. If you're that worried, install a loud, sensitive some alarm by the box.

Good response thanks natetoke. :) I did think that in reality our bathroom light stays in 24/7 and that is cfl so im worrying over nothing I suppose but I will take your advice and install a smoke detector in the box just incase :) thank you again.

Also never heared of a cfl to explode. You can't mess up the light period on an auto. But I am saying better tu run 18/6 then 18+6 shitty light. Let them chill thous 6 ours then stratch for the bathroom light.

You have solid advice here Holmes!

I've been runnin cfl for the veg stage for years. Never had any explode (not unless I dropped the damn thing). I run 24 hour light cycles for the first few weeks of veg. Then I switch my autos to 18/6. Autos enjoy 18/6 their entire life span. So don't worry. Their going to do their own thing regardless of light cycles.

Thanks for the advise guys. Im gonna take it. But was wondering are you all refering to tubular cfls or the lil spiral and u shaped ones? Im using the small spiral ones and i have had one explode when i turned it on in my kitchen so i know for a fact that they do pop.original Main subject of this discussion was to find out about the effects of light cycle on a autoflower but think i got it now :) Anyways thanks all for sound advise

Back
Top Bottom