Light cycles

Midnight Rx

Hi every1, I setup 10 plants on a drip system last week at a friends house. Running 10 cfl's, a 48" T8 fluo tube and 2 led panels. My question is, if they have been since thursday on 21 hrs on and 3 hrs off. Can I play with the lighting period a bit without messing up the plants cycle? My friend would like to put the off period during the day and on at night. He's afraid of fire (go figure...cfl's dont generate much heat) and would like to be around if something goes wrong, since we're using his place I told him I'd look into it. So here I am a bit pissed at him, cause he said he'd do it anyways...So will the the change in lighting period affect the plants this early on?

Thanks!

Midnight Rx aka Reeferino

P.S.: My first post, really nice forum here, I found alot of usefull info. Hoping to keep on learning on the subject

Welcome to the forums!
You should be fine. Make sure you make it so you have a longer lights "on" time when you change the schedule. In other words, make sure you dont have any more then 6 hours of darkness at any point.

Thank you, your reply is much appreciated! I'll take care of it tonight. And maybe add a couple more cfl's. I have yet another question, not sure if I should start another thread just for it. Here it goes anyways. I know for veg 5500k is ideal with cfl's. But the one's I have for veg are 4100k, should I be concerned? I Also have the 48" fixture on 6500k, is that too high?

Thank you!

6500k is ideal for vegetative growth while 3000k is ideal for flowering. 4100 is obviously somewhere in between. I've always grown with HID's so I can't say what kinda results you can expect with a 4100k bulb. I'm sure your plant will probally grow, but it's not ideal. Hang out, I'm sure some CFL growers will chime in with there experience.

Back
Top Bottom