28 day old plant dying help!

badreams

I'm not sure if this thread belongs in this category, this is my first post on this site and I'm having difficulty with growing my first grow.

Let me start off by saying that my plant is 28 days old and isn't even 3'' tall. I first noticed my plant was having problems when it went from darker green leaves to a very light and pale green. at first I saw that the first set of leaves (cotyledon) started dying, but then I read that this is normal. However soon after the next set of leaves started turning yellow from the tip down and then the tips started to turn brown. Then the next set of leaves started doing the same thing. Now my plant looks like its not gonna make it. If anyone can help me shed some light on what the problem seems to be I would very much appreciate it.

Also I flushed the plant when I found out the Ph levels I was feeding it was over 8 Ph.

Additional information:

Lights: 2-42w CFL's 2700 lumens each
Grow room: 2 rubbermaid totes stacked on top of each other
Temps: Day: 86-91 F ( cant get it below 86) Night: 67-69 F
Ph of water: 6-7
Lighting times: 18 on 6 off
Snapshot_20150118_4.JPG
Snapshot_20150118_1.JPG
Snapshot_20150118_3.JPG

Hmm. Could be tricky to narrow down. I'm not an expert. It could be a few things.
Firstly, get the PH down to between 6-7, preferably about 6.5. If the PH is off, certain nutrients could be getting 'locked out', and the plant can't absorb them.
The leaves look a little crispy, are they getting burnt from the light perhaps!? I know CFL's don't put out much heat, but prolonged contact could burn them. Considering you said they are curling up, that is usually a sign of heat stress.

I noticed in your other post that you mentioned you used old soil. In my opinion, that's a big no no. Never use old soil, you don't know what condition it's in. Plus, I've heard that disease can settle in the soil from other plants that were planted in it, and you're now using it on your fresh new seedlings, and they can suffer from it too.

As for the nutrients, if your using fresh soil, you don't really need to add any extra nutrients at this stage in the plants life. Have you added any fertilizer yourself? If you have, the brown leaves may be a sign of nute burn. Did the brown start at the tip and spread to the rest of the leaf? If so, that's usually how nute burn happens. Do a quick search for marijuana problem diagnoses, there are lots of great sites out there that will detail problems and solutions, but without knowing your exact circumstances, it's hard to narrow down.
You may yet save her... Another problem i just thought of, was that it just could be a bad seed, because your other plant doesn't look too shabby, but should be a lot bigger than that.

I've meant no criticism in anything I've said, just trying to help.

But looking at your pictures, takes me back to when i started out, i had some that looked very similar to that, and my rookie mistake was the usual, too much water, too many nutrients. Too much fertilizer can stunt it's growth, making it look sick. And eventually it will die.

These days, i plant a seed in fresh soil, or coir peat (coconut fibre) and just leave her be, not add a thing for weeks, except for the OCCASIONAL watering where required.

Back
Top Bottom