3 weeks into flowering need help please!

killacam88

Ok im back with another Question. Im 3 weeks into flowering and i dont think i am where im supose to be. I did make a mistake by cutting about 60% of my fan leafs off but i thought it would have recovered by now. Here are some pictures of them.

Sam_0453.jpg

Sam_0449.jpg

Sam_0448.jpg

Sam_0443.jpg

If you cut off 60% of your fan leaves, just where did you expect to be?

The fan leaves are what grows your buds, so expect 60% less.

DD

I figure thats what it might be it just need longer to recover. So how long do think it will take for it to recover? Thanks for your input Droopy Dog!

I have no idea how long.

Right now, she's trying to replace leaves AND grow buds, so ?????????

Just don't go nuts with nutes or something trying to 'help'. Just let her recover at her own pace and she will.

DD

Ok I'm glad u said not to try and over nute it cause I thought about that and figure I would cause more damage then it would help! Thanks again for the comments droopy.

Droop dog put it good cut 60 % lose about that much..Unless an experienced gardner who would only make 2-3 cuts total.. Or 1 swipe off of the top to make it stocky& bush outward no cuttingss..Even the suckers on some of my tomatoes end up having yellow flowers..

@killacam88 they look fine. do not worry about removing fan leaves.

Now your plant may have suffered a little setback but it will recover,

also the advice regarding cutting back on food is also incorrect,

your plant has now lost some of its leaf mass, this will cause your plant to have a slow rate of transpiration.

to overcome this your plant will now have to grow new foliage,
to get back to a rate of transpiration the plant is happy at,

Now if you reduce its food this process will take a lot longer to happen and may add to the stresses of the plant.

DSC002034.JPG

DSC001996.JPG

shock of shocks this plant has had all its fan leafs removed during growth and is now on day 14 of 12/12

24" tall by 18" x 18" wide will yield about 4.5oz to 5.5oz
so dont panic all is not lost.

I would like to no where you get your facts from, that cutting 60% of your leaves off reduces your yield by that amount?????

Utter rubbish.

By that theory i have removed 100% of fan leaves that grew on my plant,so there fore should see a 100% decrease in yield.

the only thing that the removal of fan leafs does. is shorten the nodal length of a plant, and can be used to manage the overall height of a plant.

nothing else so dont panic my advice to those that dont believe me is try it.

get a plant in early veg and pull its fan leafs off. give it a feed and wait 7 days and hey presto twice as many brances without haveing to top or fim.

dont believe me try it.

Bob.

Bob thank you so much for your help i will definitely try that on my next grow! I am now going on my 5th week of flower and really starting to notice the flowering pick back up. I didn't really listen to many people and doubled up on the feeding. It really seemed to work! But i am really glad to see your post my worrying went away after i read this. If you have any other good advice please feel free to comment i am currently on my 3 grow. My plant is still flowering but i started on my next grow and i am currently in 4 weeks of veg on that plant and i am not to sure of the strain! Its alot more bushy than my other plant and the leaves are alot thicker than my plant thats flower i will post pictures if needed! please let me know and thanks again for your advice! :rollit:

Leaves move food from the roots up through the plant, photosynthesis takes the nutes and builds buds from those nutes.

When lots of foliage is removed some of the roots die off in response.

Leaves move food from the roots up through the plant, photosynthesis takes the nutes and builds buds from those nutes. well done this is correct.

When lots of foliage is removed some of the roots die off in response. well done utter rubbish.

i would like you to prove this to me if possible.

so far we have had remove 60% of your leaf matter lose 60% of your yield.

and now when you remove you leaf your roots die, come on your having a laugh.

cannabis loves having its leafs removed it stimulates it to grow brand new shoots and leafs just like it would in the wild,if it was predated on by an animal or insects, please bare in-mind cannabis has been around for a very very long time.
wk 2 veg can you see where the fan leafs used to be.

DSC001247.JPG

10 12 days later.
DSC001235.JPG

DSC001229.JPG

DSC001266.JPG

the plant below is the satori you see above in flower. looks ok doesnt it??

DSC001255.JPG

group photo.
DSC001216.JPG

End results not many fan leafs here.

DSC001306.JPG

now some of the answers that the op has recived suggest to me that those people may have not pulled the fan leafs of in veg,or flower,but have read and been told its a no no, well i say to you, have a go you might just end up very surprised .

Bob

Here are some pictures I am currently 6 weeks into flowering and bud growth is increaseing here recently. However i did have to move the plant outdoor do to some uniformed friends were threated. But thats a whole different story! I just care about the safety of my plants and im almost done!!!!

Top Main Stem
bud237.jpg

bud136.jpg

Plant from above (Top)
Mainb.jpg

Lower Branch
Branch11.jpg

Yeah you put them into a state of shock... But all in all three weeks is still early flower. I would give them bud food and leaf food until you get some greenery going. After that you can slow down on the N.

WOW!!!

I guess I'll shut up and leave it to the 'pros' like Bob. Those weed whacked looking plants prove he knows what it's all about.

Have fun guys.

DD

Ok since i got bitched at about those last pictures being to small. Which i agree with that buts its all i had at the time. But here are some better pictures that were takin with my digital camera. They are now 6 weeks into flowering going on the 7th after this weekend. The bud growth is increaseing with every passing day can't wait till harvest!

Top of Plant
Sam_0527.jpg

Top of Plant2(Other side)
Sam_0529.jpg

Top of Plant3(Other side)
Sam_0525.jpg

Very Top of Plant
Sam_0526.jpg

Lower Branch
Sam_0528.jpg

My first thought upon seeing the OP pics is that there is nothing wrong. It's the strain, it's a late/slow blooming plant that will take 2 to 3 weeks longer to finish. Yes I believe too many fan leaves were taken but it's a slow strain to develop.

Now, upon reading the responses I'm intrigued by what some have posted.

I've always believed that you need the leaves to control your water supply, ie. the bucket of dirt and water. With more leaves it has the ability to dissipate more of the water and nutes. More nute uptake equals a healthier plant.

Til now.

I think a moderate removal of fan leaves could be a good thing.

Now, how do you control height by removing fan leaves? Do you take them from above or below or at the point you want to control? :reading420magazine:

Also, by removing fan leaves it's my opinion that your buds will have more leaf as a result of the plant trying to replace those leaves.

Back
Top Bottom