Herbalist in Training end of 4th week blooming

BRootbeer

So I have a 4x4 tent with a 600watt ballast. I am using soil, in veg I used fox farm but it burnt my plants so I switched to a soil called black gold. I also introduced botanicare cal-mag, silica blast, and cns-17 that a friend gave me in the 3rd week of flower.

Here is one cola from my plant on tuesday, 4 weeks exactly since i switched to flower. the sparkle showed up this week.
IMG_20150217_095610_zps0d086cc1.jpg

Im not sure how many weeks I am supposed to flower, but Im going to try for atleast 3 more weeks.
also I am only watering a couple gallons per plant per week, should I increase water to 3-4 gallons per plant per week now? I made the mistake the first week of flower and almost molded my plants by over watering so im a lil scared.

Re: Herbalist in Training end of 4th week blooming.

Flower time varies by strain.

But even then,, there's no definitive period. Each grower develops their own preference for the ratio of cloudy:amber trichomes that they desire.

I'd suggest getting your hands on a 30x-60x magnifier, or scope, that'll allow you to look closely at trichomes, and is going to give you the best way to accurately harvest your plants on time.

As for watering, what size pots? what grow medium?

soil and big tubs with rope handles
from 2.5.15
the tallest node in this picture is now the picture I first posted.
IMG_20150205_102908_296_zps097fc7ef.jpg

the little cup has damp rid in it because i over-watered on the 20th of january when i transplanted them into the large buckets and switched to 12-12

Oh hell, those tubs come in different sizes I think. I had one a while back, it was 10? maybe 15 gallons?

But sizes aside, are you watering when the pot feels light? Most growers will lift the pots when the medium is dry to get a feel for it, then lift the pot to see when they need water. Going by dry soil on top isn't enough, and usually when the soil on top is dry, it's still plenty moist inside to keep the plant going for a while, usually quite a few days longer.

Back
Top Bottom