4 plants in each pot?

kushcheese9

Sorry if this question is in the wrong section .

I finally have a continues grow cycle in my setup as i have mother room, flowering room, drying room :) after my babies come down for cristmas i was thinking of puting 4 rooted cuttings into 1 18 litre pot then turning to flower. my question is has anybody done this method before i was thinking of putting a net up too but i mite just have 16 plants in four 18 litre pots under my two 600 watt hps. anybody got the pros and cons of using this system also is the yield good on doing the grwo this way ?

thanks

Re: 4 plants in each pot ?

Well from what I learned on my last grow, which had two to three plant per five gallon bucket is there isn't enough root space for them all to grow properly one plant did well the other didn't and when it comes to pests if they are in one bucket you have all the plants affected , for me it will be one plant per bucket on the next grow. Possibly if the veg time is very short then it may work as they will fill the buckets with roots during flowering and the watering will need to be watched more closely with four plants feeding off the same soil/nutes. As they say you won't know until you try , what works for one grower may not for another, just my 2 cents best of luck. Peace OG

I tried it with 2-3 plants per pot only one plant per pot did well. they say plants grown too close together will compete for nutes, one root system will choke off the other. I can see

Thanks for thed replies i thought the plants would fight eachother lol i will just grow 1 plant per pot what would you recomend pot size for a 2 weeek veg from clone then turned straight to flower ?

There a thread titled why transplant in frequently asked questions section of 420mag. that may be helpful in deciding pot size. There are good reasons to transplant opposed to one big pot the whole grow. if I was to use one pot for the whole grow I go with a 5 gallon bucket.

Back
Top Bottom