400w or 1000w hps

fault

so i have a 2x3x6 grow locker. i was sold a 1000w hps and i asked the guy if it would get my locker too hot and im at 93f im about to install a carbon filter at top to reduce some heat. so i need some help to get through this. what can i do to lower the temo 20f or should i get a 400w hps and will that produce the same amount of yield.

There are many options to correct temperatures. First you can exhaust more air at a higher rate of flow. Secondly, you could cool the intake air/ the room that the fresh air is coming from. The 400 watt lamp will not give you the same production but it will not suffer greatly. However, your electric bill will drop more than the cost of the new lamp by changing.

I don't want to buy anything to drop the temp, I want to make it work with what I have. How much will 1000w, produce then a 400w or 600w. What would you do?

1000 watts in that small of space is over kill in my opinion. It's going to need lots of ventilation.

A 400w would cover that 2x3 space easily.

No point in talking about what a 1000w will produce over 400w because if you don't fix the heat issues you won't produce anything.

Did you 1000w setup come with a dimmable ballast? This would solve your problem instantly.

A 1000w may not be worth it because of your space, which limits the amount of plants you can use.

no i have a mag ballast. so i retuned to 1000w and got A 600W.coulldnt return the the bulb tho but its life span will last alil longer. i just hope it doesnt get too hot with a 600w about to try it today :thumb: and thank you guys for the reply's

i did read them and consider them , also at the time i was searching for 600w in the area im using and alot of ppl sid it would be fine. so i thought if i ever go alil bit bigger i can just grab another 600w and bee good.

Lol naw it doesn't work like that. CRI is wave lengths which comes in with the color temp. Lumens is jus brightness. The less lumens the dimmer the light the more the brighter. That's just for footage you know area coverage. PAR per watts is the nano wave length as well which runs between 400-700. This is what the plant uses for photosynthesis. Bigger the watts faster the wave length give off.

Fault said he does not want to buy anything.he just wants to make it work with what he has.
How about led grow light?Some led grow light temperature is lower than 45 °C in 40 °C indoor environment!Running quiet and cool, no need heat-removal equipment.

What I've come across led it's almost 50, 50 with satisfaction. I think on my next room whenever that is I might try it. Does anyone have a good diy intake besides a computer fan

Back
Top Bottom