5 weeks into flower

kneegrow

Hey guys i'm 5 weeks into flower tomorrow, i must say in my eyes im impressed with what i'm able to see up to now, p.k 13/14 will go in tomorrow for 7 days, Then i was wondering if i should take all the fan leaves off a week before chopping them down so they gain as much light as possible? also should i flush directly after finishing pk off? and when they are done is it advisable to leave them in the days for 48 hours before chopping and hanging to dry?

i can show pictures tomorrow if people are interested also :)

You should flush with pH'd water for two weeks prior to chopping. If you want to remove fan leaves, start removing a few everyday so you don't stress her too much while in flower. Don't remove them all at once. What do your trichome a look like, if any? Don't go by time, go by trichome color.

if im honest i just go by the colors of hairs on the bud, which at the moment are just cloudy no amber yet. i'm not sure what im looking for or where to look apart from that.

Get a jewelers loop or microscope and look at the trich color. The "sugar" on the bud and leaves. You can chop when the trichs are cloudy to amber. The more cloudy trichs you have, the more the high will be uplifting or energetic. The more amber you have the more you will have a couch lock effect. A lot of people chop with a 30-50% amber for kind of a mixed high. Once all the trichs are amber, you start losing THC content.

Useful information thanks is it true leaving them in darkness for 24-48 hours makes more thc grow before actually chopping them down?

mmm.. not sure if its true or not, but it makes sense. Plants use the dark period to metabolize the sugars they have created during the light period. So, if you keep them in dark for 24-48 hours before chopping, they would use up most, if not all, of their stored resources to continue production.

Back
Top Bottom