5 weeks into flowering - Will my buds gain much more weight?

treetrash420

I am a solid 5 weeks into flower and Im wondering if my buds will grow much bigger. Im hoping they will,we have a good 5-6 weeks of growing weather out here. The thing that worries me is my buds look really good they just arent that big. In the last few days they have became covered in trichomes. Even the water leaves are covered. This leads me to believe that my plant has shifted its energy from growing the buds larger to growing more potent. Is that an accurate assumption or should I expect to see my buds gain more wieght? Any opinions would be appreciated!

personally I would give them 56 - 63 days of flowering before cutting down. They will probaly at least double in size weight from now till cropping and now is a good time to give them a flowering boost nutrient like canna 13/14 with 3- 4 weeks to go.
Mind you as always with gardening its up to you and the best way to learn ( anything ) is by expewrience in my opinion.

Hi mate,
Well getting yourself a 45x micro scope or stronger will be helpful for you.. Theyre only like $20, and its a really good way to tell when your buds may be ready, as looking at the trichomes on the plant usually shows the stage of harvest the plant is into..
If the trichs are all cloudy, you can harvest then, or if your like me and like a stronger smoke, maybe wait till you see like 15% amber trichs, then harvest - UP TO yOU..
And yep, youre on the right track, plants do shift the growing from leaves and shoots to the buds. The older fan leaves will yellow and droop and fall off, and youll notice your buds getting more size to them..
When i flush before harvest i give em a good soaking and then let her totally dry out the pot over next couple days.Then you can give her 24hrs dark and harvest her, or just chop her then.. Again, its your decision mate.
Goodluck take it easy. Smokem..

Thanx everyone! Im always exited to see who has offered a helping hand. I do have a 100×zoom pocket magnifier and I have been watching the trichs. 'They are pretty cloudy and I do see some amber.
I have read that once you have got so many amber trichs (most say between 50-75% amber) that your potency actually starts to degrade. So that was really my concern was that if I triedto go for volume I would be comprimising quality. Anyways we just had a good day of solid rain, I went and checked on her about 3:30am and wow what a difference from just 24hours before! So Im just gonna let her ride it on out awile. All you guys advice was greatly appreciated once again! I will be posting pics in the next week or so, so if ya care to check my girl out keep your eyes peeled.

yeah same with mine(depending on what flavour it is- depending on whether it is an early budder) i always go with the colour of the trichs! and as jj mentioned i let mine go a bit amber- apparently this induces more of a body hit/indica type hit to the effects of the mmj, as opposed to leaving them opaque/milky white.

and i ALWAYS notice my flowers get HEAVY around week 6-8+ i leave mine to go into the late stage of flowering as often as i can without compromising quality- which comes back to the loupe/magnifying glass

Depends on the strain, conditions etc. If it's an early strain, maybe week 5-6, other strains longer, but not as a rule more of a loose approximation. Don't get anxious and chop early unless weather does not permit due to extended emergencies. In the last week or 2 of my harvest, I'll risk personal injury even to make sure my girls stay growing till the last minute (nothing illegal). Take them right up to the very peak of potency, around 70% average amber trichomes IMO. Opinions vary though and everyone thinks they're a professional, so take the advice with a grain of salt and let experience drive your understanding. Not listening to advice sometimes leads to novel new ideas and breakthroughs, so don't be afraid to do things your way (but be ready to fail, then try again better next time). Good luck fellow weed warrior!

I am a solid 5 weeks into flower and Im wondering if my buds will grow much bigger. Im hoping they will,we have a good 5-6 weeks of growing weather out here. The thing that worries me is my buds look really good they just arent that big. In the last few days they have became covered in trichomes. Even the water leaves are covered. This leads me to believe that my plant has shifted its energy from growing the buds larger to growing more potent. Is that an accurate assumption or should I expect to see my buds gain more wieght? Any opinions would be appreciated!
Depending on what strain you are growing ,let's say it's an 8week flower well the last two weeks it should nearly double it's weight depending you have temps humidity etc dialled in correctly

I'm wondering the samething..when will my buds really fatten up..I'm only on week 4 of flower and there is bud sites everwhere..
20160204_234947.jpg
20160206_225713.jpg
20160206_230436.jpg
20160206_230507.jpg
20160206_230740.jpg

Hey everyone I've been reading on different threads for a while and finally signed up. Guess procrastination comes with the plant haha.. I'm week 4 into flowering and my buds look about the same. Everyone tells me they look good for 4 weeks. Soon as I figure out how to upload pics I'll post some.

Back
Top Bottom