First grow 5 weeks into flowering indoors

Ejballz

This is my first grow and I am about 5 weeks into flowering. The seed was from an old batch of pot we used to call tootie. The buds were the stickiest and most dense buds I have ever smoked. Some were solid purple and was so covered in crystals it looked like it was covered with coke. I very excited to see the outcome.....I am using a 150hps in a closet on just 1 plant. The plant was becoming very bushy and i decided to trim some of the inner leaves off to let the light penetrate the lower branches. After reading a few threads i see i made a mistake and should not have done that this far into flowering. I am hoping i did not stress the plant. The leaf tips are starting to turn a bit yellow and the hairs that were all lime green are starting to turn a bit orange and it doesn't seem to be growing as fast as it was last week. It was a noticeable amount of growth each morning the lights were turned on. As you can see from the picture below there are a lot of branches on the plant and it is all natural. I did not split the plant at all. Thhere are a lot of smaller buds and am wondering if they will stay small and individual or will they grow to meet the bud above. My question here is should I flush the soil yet or should I add nutrients or am I screwed at this point? It is in a 5 gallon pot and I water it every 4-5 days once I see that the soil is dry. Am I on the right path or should I do something different? Any info would help!
IMAG09012.jpg
IMAG09003.jpg
IMAG08993.jpg
IMAG08982.jpg

Your plant is just doing what its supposed to and finishing up flowering. The leaves yellowing is all the nitrogen being used up and the leaves are showing it, this is normal and usually will occur in later stages of flowering. The pistils changing from green to orange is natural too as most bud has orange/red hairs on it. In order to know whether or not you need to feed again you need to tell us how long you have been flowering for and what strain it is. More indica or sativa? Indica will have a shorter flowering time and you will need to feed for shorter time and flush sooner. I usually flush for 10-14 days prior to harvest. You can cut that to 3-5 days if you use a flushing agent like clearex, never used it so not sure the exact time but I know its way quicker than just using water. The plant will also stop vertical growth after a certain point and focus solely on bud growth.

Im pretty sure it is an indica strain but not 100% positive. I started 12/12 on 5/6. So it's now it's a little over 5 weeks flowering. I did not expect the pistols to turn this quickly. Figured I would have a few more weeks before they turned. Looks like all I'm gonna get is popcorn buds. When should I flush? I figure I will harvest within the next few weeks if it keeps up the same pace now. Will wait until all pistols are orange and tricombs are amber. Any other advice?

In my last post towards the end I detailed flushing. Depends on how long your strain takes. I try to flush for minimum of 10 days. Check out some articles on trichome stages. If you harvest when all trics are Amber thc will be degrading and make the stone very sleepy and heavy. I harvest when Amber trics are first starting, when most are milky with some still clear.

Back
Top Bottom