Best way to make buds more potent with 5 weeks to go till harvest?

I think all you can really do is add P-K Boosters to enhance Terpenes & increase Trich production. I'm not positive it increases Trich production; but I add Terpinator during Flower & it sure seems to. Best bet is to make sure it's completely cloudy with 10 - 25% Amber & it should be good smoke. I'm patiently waiting to harvest now & it seems to be taking forever for it all to get cloudy. Just remember that the last 2 weeks of flower will put on quite a bit more weight.

I think all you can really do is add P-K Boosters to enhance Terpenes & increase Trich production. I'm not positive it increases Trich production; but I add Terpinator during Flower & it sure seems to. Best bet is to make sure it's completely cloudy with 10 - 25% Amber & it should be good smoke. I'm patiently waiting to harvest now & it seems to be taking forever for it all to get cloudy. Just remember that the last 2 weeks of flower will put on quite a bit more weight.
Yeah thanks, I think I'll use bud burst...

Just remember that the last 2 weeks of flower will put on quite a bit more weight.

... other than providing optimal conditions for all the cardinal parameters, harvesting at the right time will ensure the best yield. Nutrient supplements aside, most people are in a hurry and this will make it harder for you to focus on the things you should be; the condition of your trichomes. You can get a nice scope for little money (if you don't already have one) so be sure you get a quality unit and monitor your trichomes from all over your plant.

Like Buds Buddy said, in those final days of flower the additional weight put on is cumulative; all the buds are fattening up simultaneously and it really adds up if you have a lot of bud sites. This is also when the plants start completing the "entourage" effects from all the maturing cannabinoid's. I believe this results in a better experience...

Get a uva light off Amazon use 2 weeks before harvest put on a timer that can be set for 20 min or so about 4 or 5 times a day that will work better then most other method of improving potency. I used a Uv light on this blueberry and she was most potent of the entire crop

20201221_000233.jpg

... other than providing optimal conditions for all the cardinal parameters, harvesting at the right time will ensure the best yield. Nutrient supplements aside, most people are in a hurry and this will make it harder for you to focus on the things you should be; the condition of your trichomes. You can get a nice scope for little money (if you don't already have one) so be sure you get a quality unit and monitor your trichomes from all over your plant.

Like Buds Buddy said, in those final days of flower the additional weight put on is cumulative; all the buds are fattening up simultaneously and it really adds up if you have a lot of bud sites. This is also when the plants start completing the "entourage" effects from all the maturing cannabinoid's. I believe this results in a better experience...
Thanks. I'll buy a scope. It's a outdoor grow so rain will dictate when I go to harvest to avoid bud rot.

Get a uva light off Amazon use 2 weeks before harvest put on a timer that can be set for 20 min or so about 4 or 5 times a day that will work better then most other method of improving potency. I used a Uv light on this blueberry and she was most potent of the entire crop

20201221_000233.jpg
Mine is a outdoor grow. Nice blueberry:)

Is there anything I can do or use at this point to make my buds (outdoor grow) more potent with 5-6 weeks till harvest?, or any tips?
There has been published research on applying drought stress to cannabis in the last 10 days of flowering, which I have forgotten the percentage but it was quite significant. With outdoor growing you can't do much if nature chooses to dump down rain on your ladies but if it's reasonably dry where you are then you could try it, I think with indoor growing you'd be able to really control it. I tried it last year but I really couldn't say how effective it was because I didn't grow a control plant, and when it rains it gets wet. But I felt I did achieve some level of drought stress and the result (without a control) gave a very nice high. A long time ago I grew a plant in a small dark ceramic pot that during the summer heat it would wilt terribly every afternoon, but it produced the stickiest bud I have ever grown, it was like the trichomes had melted and coated the sugar leaves as they were all stiff like they had been painted with varnish. It was just bag seed that came from buds that did not rate as being super special, however we should bear in mind that most commercial growers will not continue to grow the plant to it's max when they could bag and sell it and start another crop. @Maritimer has been doing a lot research into this and even investigating simulating an insect attack towards the end of flowering to trigger greater potency. If you're interested he's got a great thread on this. Cannabis Rezination

Best bet is to make sure it's completely cloudy with 10 - 25% Amber & it should be good smoke.
That's about the sort of ball park I look for. I only grow once a year (outdoor) and that is only about 3 plants (all I can fit on my balcony) but like you, somewhere around the same amount of amber, I haven't tried to harvest earlier to check what sort of result that would give because the 10%-25% amber seems to be a common target by many people with for more experience than me.
This is interesting altho I don't grow indoors, but I love that thick layer of frosty trichomes on that beauty! :yummy:

Mine is a outdoor grow. Nice blueberry:)
So my thinking is this even though it is an outdoor grow if you are harvesting in fall or winter it will help although the earth recieves uv in abundance summer months ,i.e sun burn it does in fall and winter. Well the supplemental uv lights replicate summer light intensities to spur trichime production as trichimes ar to weed as a sun tan is to humans in an attempt to protect the surface. So that being said it never hurt to rig up a uv lamp and try it out

Is there anything I can do or use at this point to make my buds (outdoor grow) more potent with 5-6 weeks till harvest?, or any tips?
Top dressing and/or watering with something containing some Phosphorus every other week. Alternating weeks use something with a decent Potassium level. Do it up until about 2 weeks before harvest. Takes about two weeks for the nutrients to get to the roots, for the roots to uptake the nutrients and then get them to the buds so it might just be a waste of time and money. But it will not hurt to try anyway; up to you.

The saying is that by the time the gardener sees molds or fungus on the plants the stuff has been there for almost 4 weeks. I figure I will just have to go through weekly preventative spraying sessions about the time the flowers start showing for this year's outdoor grows; especially if I am going to be bringing some of them indoors.

Top dressing and/or watering with something containing some Phosphorus every other week. Alternating weeks use something with a decent Potassium level. Do it up until about 2 weeks before harvest. Takes about two weeks for the nutrients to get to the roots, for the roots to uptake the nutrients and then get them to the buds so it might just be a waste of time and money. But it will not hurt to try anyway; up to you.

The saying is that by the time the gardener sees molds or fungus on the plants the stuff has been there for almost 4 weeks. I figure I will just have to go through weekly preventative spraying sessions about the time the flowers start showing for this year's outdoor grows; especially if I am going to be bringing some of them indoors.
Try to just not bring stuff from outside in... but if you do... I think the preventive spraying AND a little quarantine area for a couple days before it gets around and other plants. You guys scare me sometimes!lol

Try to just not bring stuff from outside in... but if you do... I think the preventive spraying AND a little quarantine area for a couple days before it gets around and other plants. You guys scare me sometimes!lol
True. But I did it anyway knowing the risks. Great learning experience fighting the problems. Worked out and other than a hic-cup or two in the scheduling for the flowering tent no real problems.

A few plants had a Powdery Mildew problem and since last summer and fall were so dry the stuff was spreading everywhere outside so why not inside. What I found inside might have been a bigger problem except I was already doing preventative spraying as I got ready to bring the outdoor plants inside.

Also noticed I was picking up a problem which I eventually felt was Russett Mites. That showed up on plants that were never outside. Plus, the problem was noticeable enough that it had to have started a month or more before the other plants came in.

This year I am thinking of setting up the quarantine area in the back room so it can be used for several weeks if I have to.

I meant to say.... BUY good genetics. And I like singing emo love songs to my plants but they don’t always like it I don’t think.
This is what I want! There must be hundreds/thousands of so called different strains out there and because I am an outdoor grower I can only grow once a year, so all I want to do is skip the lottery and find out what are those top most amazing strains that I can grow before my time is up!

I am growing 3 new strains this grow (Mango Sherbert, Godfather OG, Strawberry Cough) so I am really interested in how they compare to the 2 photo strains I grew last year, which were home made regular seeds White Widow XTRM and WWX x Gorgonzola. I am interested to see if this years new strains are way different from last years or are they roughly all fairly close? So you if you have come across any strains that you feel is one of those real special ones please let me know or pm me, as I'd prefer not to re-invent the wheel if others have already made some headway to this conundrum.

I was recently perusing some of the Ace seeds and wondering how they rated over all. I'd assume popular demand would almost cause a levelling out of global strain 'potencies' and instead it is all just about the individual cannabinoid mixture. But I would love to know if anyone has found any real diamonds that are indeed above the rest of the pack!

Back
Top Bottom