What three options would you choose to get the most potent buds possible?

True? I didn't know that. Everything I read said slow dry it over 10 days, even two weeks.

What is your conditions (RH, temperature etc) to achieve a 3 day dry?
That is optimum, but like @bluter, sometimes I don’t get optimum conditions and have to adapt to what I have. The quick dry is just to get the rh down to a point where I can jar it and still have the bio-breakdown working. Depending on time of year I can get it down to 65-70% rh in three days, then it gets trimmed then goes into the jars. Then I slowly bring down the rh over a week or two, burping and leaving the jar open for short periods. Accomplishes the same thing as a long slow dry,, but the timing has to be perfect.

That is optimum, but like @bluter, sometimes I don’t get optimum conditions and have to adapt to what I have. The quick dry is just to get the rh down to a point where I can jar it and still have the bio-breakdown working. Depending on time of year I can get it down to 65-70% rh in three days, then it gets trimmed then goes into the jars. Then I slowly bring down the rh over a week or two, burping and leaving the jar open for short periods. Accomplishes the same thing as a long slow dry,, but the timing has to be perfect.

Okay so you get your buds down to 65-70% RH then it goes in the jar. What kind of schedule do you follow with burping once you've done that?

By "Timing has to be perfect" do you mean the RH has to be just right to go in the jar?

Okay so you get your buds down to 65-70% RH then it goes in the jar. What kind of schedule do you follow with burping once you've done that?

first off i use some cheap hygrometers to help me keep an eye on stuff in the jars.

i normally start by burping 2 - 3 times a day, leaving each jar open in the 15 minute range. i slowly reduce the number of burping sessions and time the jars are left open over the course of 1 - 2 months, maybe longer depending on the buds.

once the buds reach a stable 62% rh i jar it up for at least a month solid without opening. i'll generally add a boveda pack at this time. after a month jarred solid i consider the bud to be usable, not before.

once stable i can leave a jar closed for a good couple yrs without any real degradation. it does start to lose potency after the second yr, but it takes a long time. i've had stuff 3 and 4yrs. it has to be stored proper though.

By "Timing has to be perfect" do you mean the RH has to be just right to go in the jar?

i like it jarred at about the 62% mark or slightly above, then the rest is worked out in the burp and cure. if it hits the jars at 62% it will normally rise a bit in the jars and get burped out until stable.

first off i use some cheap hygrometers to help me keep an eye on stuff in the jars.

i normally start by burping 2 - 3 times a day, leaving each jar open in the 15 minute range. i slowly reduce the number of burping sessions and time the jars are left open over the course of 1 - 2 months, maybe longer depending on the buds.

How many days or weeks do you burp for 2-3 times a day?

once the buds reach a stable 62% rh i jar it up for at least a month solid without opening. i'll generally add a boveda pack at this time. after a month jarred solid i consider the bud to be usable, not before.

Let me understand this, so you dry your buds until they reach 62% RH then leave the buds in jars for one month without opening/burping the jars? You'd kill the curing process doing this wouldn't you?

What benefit does leaving the buds in jars without burping for one month have?

How many days or weeks do you burp for 2-3 times a day?

how ever long it takes.

Let me understand this, so you dry your buds until they reach 62% RH then leave the buds in jars for one month without opening/burping the jars?

i try to jar about 62%. it will spike above that in the jars. that is your room for burping and cure.

You'd kill the curing process doing this wouldn't you?

some guys can hit it right at the 62% mark and have it stable. if that is the case then yes, you sure can seal them up.

the cure is the time after that stable point where they are not touched for at least a month or more, and stay at a constant 62%. the burp is only to get them to that point.

What benefit does leaving the buds in jars without burping for one month have?

that is the cure. the cure doesn't happen until that point. that's the magic.

how ever long it takes.

Of course. That makes sense.
some guys can hit it right at the 62% mark and have it stable. if that is the case then yes, you sure can seal them up.

the cure is the time after that stable point where they are not touched for at least a month or more, and stay at a constant 62%. the burp is only to get them to that point.

that is the cure. the cure doesn't happen until that point. that's the magic.

I think I understand now. You want it at 62%, if it goes above 62% it's burping time.

I think I understand now. You want it at 62%, if it goes above 62% it's burping time.

for sure.

i personally keep checking at 62% for a short period and monitor to make sure it won't spike or fall too low.

Another thing that is being majorly over looked is patience. Make sure shes ripe. 90% of strains take minimum of 60 day IMO.

it's smokable at 30. it's actually time to pop the cork at 60 - 90.

depends on your conditions.

i sure can. i hang as short as 3 days depending on rh. it's the jar cure where all the magic happens.

the goal is to get it into the jars with enough rh to burp and cure for at least a month. the hang doesn't need to be all that long. it just needs to be long enough to negate the chlorophyll.
Another question I thought of - If you fast dry the buds wouldn't the outside of the buds dry faster than the inside of the buds and so by the time the inside of the buds are dry the outside of the buds are too dry? (In this scenario assume the buds are trimmed and in a drying rack, rather than hang up by the branches)

Another question I thought of - If you fast dry the buds wouldn't the outside of the buds dry faster than the inside of the buds and so by the time the inside of the buds are dry the outside of the buds are too dry? (In this scenario assume the buds are trimmed and in a drying rack, rather than hang up by the branches)
That's why you put them in a closed environment so the moisture will even out between the inside and outside. It's important to get them down to a certain dry state first though, otherwise you risk mold developing, and noone wants that.

Back
Top Bottom