What would happen if you smoke buds from the plant early?

The123321

I am new to growing and thought that more bud sites was good then it was recommended to cut the small bud sites that would not get much light to let the plant use more energy on the bigger bud sites on it but to only cut the small bud sites like 1 at a time every few days. I am now on day 54 and I still have a few small bud sites that I am cutting off but the buds have orange hairs on them. The buds are very small but maybe like nickel to quarter sized. It feels like a waste to throw it away. Would it be ok to dry it and try to smoke it? What would that be like? Less potent but still worth doing? What do you think? Is there any reason not to try it on there? I put the buds in a small plastic grocery type bag that I use for trimmings like defoliated leaves in the tent on there.

I am new to growing and thought that more bud sites was good then it was recommended to cut the small bud sites that would not get much light to let the plant use more energy on the bigger bud sites on it but to only cut the small bud sites like 1 at a time every few days. I am now on day 54 and I still have a few small bud sites that I am cutting off but the buds have orange hairs on them. The buds are very small but maybe like nickel to quarter sized. It feels like a waste to throw it away. Would it be ok to dry it and try to smoke it? What would that be like? Less potent but still worth doing? What do you think? Is there any reason not to try it on there? I put the buds in a small plastic grocery type bag that I use for trimmings like defoliated leaves in the tent on there.
Definitely worthwhile doing something with them.
They won't be as potent as the fully matured buds but they will get you high.
It tends to be more of a racy head high when they are premature.

Depending how long you let it sit to dry, it will have a wet earthy taste, it won’t have much in the way of flavor just yet. I usually defoliate twice during flower as to prevent shocking the plant.. first defoil I do around day 21, then again around 42. They are a LOT more resilient than you would expect, you can definitely take more than one or 2 bud sites off at a time and I actually prefer to do it all at once to let the plant recover and bounce back. But yeah, that stuff is definitely usable if your low on stock. I know we smoked a few that we trimmed off ours last week. Starting to get taste but not quite there haha

Back
Top Bottom