600 watt Lume Wing Reflector problems need help

CaliGrowin

Hey I am going for my second attemp at growing I am using a 600watt switchable mh/hps Lumewing reflector. I am having troubles with the light heating up my grow space too much. I have been thinking about building a box with a glass bottom to in case the reflector in so that I can run ducting through with an inline fan to cool the light. Has anyone ever done this before? Anyone have any ideas as to how to build it? I am thinking of using plywood and some 1x1's to frame it up. Would like any advice you can give thanks.

This is a picture of the light and reflector that I have. It is a 600 watt switchable MH/HPS Lume-Wing reflector attached to a Lumatek electronic ballest

i have same problem with air cooled silverstar 600 w 2 250cfms on each end i have nowhere to vent to except the bedroom. i am in closet so after so long the temp is the samen in both places. i bought a portable ac unit i run in sync with the lights 12 12 cycle. for vegging i used 3 $30 leds from walmart very impressed with bushiness but would never flower with these my ac was 450 for 12000 btu good price and it is and ac so u can use it elsewhere to justify the cost just vent it outside. it also can cotrol humidity
i can get 600w switch 120/240 mh/hps for 160 shipped cdn or us great quality

Hey KushieKush thanks for your input. So how are the temps now that a/c unit runs with lights? My problem is not so much with where to vent to cuz I can vent into garage which is where the grow room is venting to now but still light is making to much heat for the grow space. I built a box today with a glass bottom that will house the light and reflector. I will put up pics of it tomorrow after mounting light inside the box. I think it should work out nice but it is first try so have to run some test trials to see what temps are. Feel free to post any more info thanks. :rollit:

depending on size of ac whatever you set the thermostat for most 10,00btu say the will cool 500 sq ftso say thats getting 30 to 15 degrees c my lights run around 35 so i set the thermostat for 26 degrees and it has no problem maintaining within a few degress kicks in every 15 to 20 min for 5 to 10 min most hve built in fans, heaters, thermostats, and carbom filter or air purifiers as well as dehumidifiers. they are actually a pretty good way to take care of a few things

that 30 to 15 would be average summer house temp with and without ac unit confusing i know blame it on the hash haha

Back
Top Bottom