9,10,11,12.why so many leafs?

Flurple

Nug of the Month 3rd Place Winner (Nov 09')
ive only been around a few dozen strains but ive never seen plants where the majority of leafs have more than 7 petals.

what causes this?

does it effect potency?

Re: 9,10,11,12... why so many leafs?

INFO I found....The ultimate potential is genetic, but related to the age of the plant . If you read old descriptions of plants you'll read things like "the 5 bladed indica" & the "13 bladed sativa". These observations were made in these plants original habitats. The sativa that refuses to bud for six months usually attains more leaves in its natural environment. There are also sativas that do linger in 3 leaf, sex quick, then take forever to flower. Anyhow, this is more an indicator of where the plant is in regards to finish more than any indicator of potency.

Re: 9,10,11,12... why so many leafs?

Genetics my man. I also look at the highest number of fan blades as a sign of good health. As long as its an odd # over 3, looks good to me. notice that the larger the plants get the larger the fan leaves and the more blades.Indica dominant strains normally have fewer blades on leaves. I like a plant with lots of blades. More leaf to catch light. That's just me tho.

Back
Top Bottom