A Cheap Solution To Ventilation In A Closet

I need to see some pictures of this idea?

Is it good to push air in or suck it in? does that sound right
and the same with hot air

From my understanding, it should be better to suck air out, then naturally there should be a suction at the hole intaking the air. I recently built a box and decided to always have the fans sucking air out of the box up top since heat rises and have my intake holes near the bottom of the box where cool are always is. It is cheaper to have one good outtake fan than to have one intake and one outtake. For ex. a 200cfm fan will actually be exhausting out 100cfm at the vent out and sucking 100cfm at the intake hole equaling the 200cfm. Hope that helps if I didn't confuse the hell out of you.

Was it the title that got ur attention or just the word cheap? lol
Lot of people posthreads about how to ventilate a closet without cutting holes in the drywall. I one time posted the answer but did not know a easy solution at the time.
Problem with small spaces is that they get hot when using lights and air becomes stagnant because very little new air is getting in.
First thing people want to do is put a fan in the closet but all that does is circulate the hot air evenly across the closet. This is good but the heat and air is being exchanged way to slow still. You need to move the air out of the closet and bring in fresh air from the room the closet is in.

Now here's the solution. You take a plastic sheet like from one of those cheap notebooks you can get at Walmart. You fold it around into a funnel shape. The end should measure just under 4 inches and the other end should measure six to eight inches. Now you tape it up with ducktape or whatever tape you prefer.Now you need some 4 inch dryer hose. You can easily get this at Walmart, Home depot or Lowes.
Probally best to got to home depot or lowes because you are going to need a fan. Pick up a bathroom vent fan and a lamp cord to conect to the vent fan.
Vent fans can range in the price of 12 bucks to over 80 so shop wisly and buy cheap. If you have the extra cash it might be best to go with a squirrel cage fan you can get online at a hydro shop.
You set the fan up high next to your light and connect the dryer hose the the fan. Next you connect your cone to the othe side of the dryer hose. (use tape)
Now all you have to do is plug in the fan, mash your cone down and place under the door when you close it. Now you are sucking the hot air out of your closet while supplying air from the coolest part of the room.

Thanks Ive been looking for some good cheap tips.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah that seems very cool! I wonder why I didn't think of it before. You little genius you... I can look into fabing one up out of old HVAC parts I have layin around. Prototyping and then we distribute to the masses!

I need information about your grow room and what you want to do for it. IE...what size is the room? What do you have for ventilation already? Personally the idea above from Urdedpal is a okay one but adaptions need to be made to it. Pieces of rolled up paper don't make the best adapters. But the idea is sound and can be worked with.

Well there's a problem Lex...warm air rises. You will suck out more air but it won't be the warmest air. Exhausts need to originate from the top of the box to be effective. Now that doesn't mean it has to end at the top. You can exhaust the air out any place you want but it has to draw the air from the top of the box. Got any pictures of your box so I can see what we are working with? Hey lex..let's start another thread to avoid taking over this one okay?

If you post a pic man it would just clarify my mind on the idea! Thanks for keeping me from destroying my closet wall

Back
Top Bottom