A few more questions

gsahly1094

Hello How can you tell if the plant is going to be a male or female? Are the female the ones that will bud on their own, and the males are just junk? Like I haven't grown yet, but I hear the males don't bud so what would be the point of taking care of a plant when it doesn't bud. Also how long does it take a plant to usuaslly grow to full capacity if it is grown indoors. Can you pick buds off, like will the plant still grow if you do that, or do you have to wait?

The best advice I can give a rookie is to read a grow book. There's a whole books worth of info you need to know to grow successfully.

I'll answer a few of your Q's, but then please do some reading up.
-You can't tell for sure what sex a plant is until you veg for a month, then after 2 weeks of flowering the males will grow balls (pollen sacs). Get rid of them.
To grow all females, takes clones from a known female plant. All the clones will be females.

-There is no such thing as "full capacity". Most growers keep their plants short and go for quick turn-over rather than spend months and months growing giant plants.

-Plants can be re-vegged after harvest, but 2nd yields are poor and some plants don't make it thru re-veg.

RangerDanger said:
The best advice I can give a rookie is to read a grow book. There's a whole books worth of info you need to know to grow successfully.
^^^Good answer RD. Here's some good links to posts on this site where you can START to educate yourself about growing if you don't want to or can't buy a book.

Marijuana Grower's Handbook

Joys Of Growing - Great Guide!

There are tons of other GREAT posts on this site reguarding growing. RD there has a great post started about stealth outdoor growing if that's what you're interested in. Just visit this site frequently, give up a few hours of TV time a week, and start reading.

Back
Top Bottom