Growing Cannabis Facts

Urdedpal

THE PLANT
When the word cannabis is uttered, the image of the famous leaf shape is immediately recalled. Leaves are in fact the least potent part of the plant next to the stem and the roots. The cannabis plant can be divided into six main sections; they are the bud, stem, branches, nodes, leaves and main cola.

The next thing to note is that plants have genders. They can be male, female or a mixed gender (hermaphrodite condition). There is also a condition of the female plant called sinsemilla that growers and breeders alike need to understand.

Male Plant
The male plant contains low levels of THC and does not taste very good, but it can produce a high. Growers only cultivate male plants for pollen so that they can make cannabis seeds.

Female Plant
The female plant, when pollinated, produces THC but also produces seeds, which
Prevents larger quantities of bud from growing.

Hermaphrodite Plant
Hermaphrodite plants contain both male and female organs. If the pollen is viable, the plant will automatically pollinate itself (selfing), resulting in a crop that can never be sinsemilla. Although most strains have the ability to become hermaphrodites under poor growing conditions, there are some cannabis plants that are genetically hermaphroditic and this disorder can not be reversed–even under optimal growing conditions. Avoid growing these genetically hermaphrodite plants because they do not help the cannabis gene pool.

Sinsemilla Plant
A non-pollinated female (sinsemilla) plant will produce more flowering buds and more quantities of THC than the male plant or a seeded female plant. The buds produce resin, which contains THC and can drop down onto the leaves. When fully mature, it should produce a very pleasing high, depending on the grow method, the strain of plant and time of harvest.

highly correct info here

so if i plant a seed it could be one of three things male,self pollinating hermi or female ? next time im goin to germ 3 or 4 seeds bcuz i only germed one and im hoping its fm should of thought about that im switchin bulbs tonight good thing it only veges for 10-11 days

I hope Urdedpal answers. :)

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it to happen. ;)

Phenotype: The observable morphological, biochemical, and physiological characteristics of a plant, either in whole or with respect to a single or a few traits, as determined by a combination of the genotype and the environment.

Essentially, different strains are different phenotypes

Back
Top Bottom