A Flat Felony Roach

ActobogG

When I was a kid I had a '68 GTO that was jacked up in back like how they used to do things in those days. Didn't make it faster, neither did all the dents, but it did get me pulled over about every time I went by a cop.

Anyway, me and a friend were cruising around one day, and I pass a cop parked underneath a tree in the shade. I see him take a good long look as I pass, and sure enough I see him pull out after me in my mirror. Here it comes again, I thought.

I made it around a couple of corners before he caught up with me. Right off he asked about my exhaust system and things like that. I'd washed and vacuumed my car the day before, and I didn't have any warrants or anything, so I was being kinda casual about the whole thing, which got him mad for some reason.

He gave me a ticket for modified exhaust, and I guess he thought I should have been more upset than I was, so he started searching my car for something to get me upset. Almost right off he pulls out a roach from underneath the passenger seat, which I knew wasn't there before he put his head in 'cuz I had just cleaned it out, like I said. The roach was really flattened out, you could tell it had been in his ticket book for an occasion just like this. This was right before pot got reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor in California.

I started laughing when he showed me the roach, and that really set him off. He called for backup, and my friend and I had to stand around until a sergeant showed up. The first cop's waving this little felony roach around, calling me all kinds of things and getting red in the face. I couldn't help it, I got really amused.

I didn't get busted, the sergeant calmed the cop down, but I still get a laugh from remembering it.

haha nice story man...
What year was this?

Back in '76. If I remember right, an oz. or less got turned into a misdemeanor in '77. Didn't it?

ActobogG said:
Back in '76. If I remember right, an oz. or less got turned into a misdemeanor in '77. Didn't it?
Damned if i know...
You are a true vet my friend...
We are all in basic training compared to you...

thats awsome lol

Back
Top Bottom